• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mouse Surface

WldWzl

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 18, 2006
Messages
177
Hey all, looking at getting a new mouse surface, just got a Logitech G700s to replace my G5. Currently I am using a SteelSeries hard surface, before that I used an iCEMAT, but I am done with hard surface pads.

I see a lot of positive feedback on the SteelSeries QcK, also the Logitech 240 seems to be popular also. Any advantage with getting a Logitech pad to use with my Logitech mouse?

Input welcome.
 
I've been liking my Corsair MM400. I've been using it since February and it cost me $25. It's pretty large and tracks well with my Mionix Naos 3200.
 
Any thoughts on the DEX series, other then they are crazy expensive?

I think it's still very new and few people have experience with it. But when you're looking at that price range, many people praise the Artisan mousepads. They offer a semi-hard and soft mousepad with terrific quality.The Puretrak Talent is also a fantastic mousepad. I would recommend those before the QCK.
 
Any thoughts on the DEX series, other then they are crazy expensive?

I've only used the QCK, which has been great to me.

This is the first time I've heard of DEX, I might want to check that out now.
 
I ended up ordering a SteelSeries QcK, looking forward to getting back to a soft pad.

Also going back to a wired mouse, G502, not impressed with the battery life on the G700s.

Thanks all.
 
My local Walmart carries a wide line of steel series items(keyboards & mouse pads). The Steelseries QcK is $9.99 daily there. And they a good many other models of SteelSeries mouse pads also.

I ended up ordering a SteelSeries QcK, looking forward to getting back to a soft pad.

Also going back to a wired mouse, G502, not impressed with the battery life on the G700s.

Thanks all.
 
My 2 cents:

G240 good quality tracking. It's kinda thin though. It's got a slow glide but it's a bit faster than the QCK's glide.

Steelseries QCK (comes in a few sizes) and QCK heavy (thicker and larger) are also commonly recommended. Personally I don't really like these pads at least the QCKs, I think they're cheap, wear out fast and easily lose their touch. The heavy is okay. These pads have "slow" glides.

Artisan makes nice pads. I would recommend the Hayate and Hein. They're not exactly completely cloth pads but I would consider them as such. The hayate has a very fast glide (for a cloth-ish pad) and it's very smooth. The Hein is very rough - if you rest your wrist over the mousepad you'e gonna feel it, and it's like an old office polyester mouse pad. Unfortunately, while these are nice quality they're also easily prone to dust.

The Puretrak talent is also a good bet. It's thick and heavy. Quality isn't as refined as the Artisan pads but you can machine wash the puretrak talent (which I love to do when it gets dirty). It's not as fast as the Artisan hayate but it's definitely got a nice "buttery" glide to it.

Your glide will also be influenced by your particular mouse feet, so it might vary - these are just my experiences with these pads.
 
Back
Top