Mount & Blade Warband

Well, there isn't a coop campaign. But you can coop different battle scenarios. In one... you could be the defender leading defending AI against your friend (opponent) who leads the besieging army. With another battle you two could be on the same side, taking on leaderless AI (well human leaderless, that is).

Actually I joined a multiplayer game like that once. It's basically multiplayer with a large number of AI for each side. You give orders to your side.
 
Played it last night in a server with a little over 100 people. $10 was a steal this game is awesome. :D
 
I was starting to regret not getting Warband for $15, but at $10 I'll def not pass this up. I played the hell out of M & B
 
does this game have a decent tutorial and a single player campaign with a few sentences of plot? might buy it tonight on the steam sale.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Tutorial is alright. Not bad. The beginning of the campaign is good for a newbie break in, though it's hard to say how good it is when I'm not a newbie.

As far as story.... this is far from anything you get from Bioware. It's more like a 'make your own story as you go' type game. Lots of politics and scheming, economy and war strategy. So, it's definitely not a mindless button masher.
 
btw, dumb question no doubt, but does the game have an "end"?
I picked it up, (both actually) but they are pretty far down the list
 
btw, dumb question no doubt, but does the game have an "end"?
I picked it up, (both actually) but they are pretty far down the list

When you eliminate all other factions after you become king of your own.
 
Great price - but no time to play it.

Mafia 2 is a game I'm determined to finish. Then it'll be Civ 5.
 
Heh, just grabbed it myself. I wish they could get the revamped battlefields mod in there somehow. Sounds like they have maxed the modeling resources for the mod.
 
never played this mod, is there a short list of what it brings to the table?

New map
New factions and troops
Mini factions
New story
New items
New companions

More information on the wiki in the thread I linked.
 
that wiki page from the forum link seems incomplete but I do like what I do see so far, may have to dig this game out to try.
 
never played this mod, is there a short list of what it brings to the table?

It was the bigtime mode of M&B, now ported over to Warband. Unfortunately it doesn't have all the graphical enhancements that some of the other Warband mods have. .... yet

The mod is very high end, with an emphasis on high level character gameplay. Really powerful items and really nasty enemies. Has Noldor Elves (from tolkien's universe). Part of the fun is acquiring the hard to seek Quarlis gems, which you can use to get really nice stuff or the ability to train the super elite troops.

Not for the novice. In most M&B games and mods, I get bored when I become too powerful. The challenge is gone and there is nothing to attain except yet another town and castle when I already have 20 anyways. I usually end up wanting to start a new game from scratch at some point. Well, PoP is probably the best mod for high level gameplay. It keeps things interesting no matter how powerful you get.
 
I apologize for the necro but I just started playing this game heavily after purchasing it several months ago and I must say... wow.

I already love the medieval era and this just made my year (or 3.)

I suppose I lucked out coming in after the seemingly endless patches and really reaped the rewards. I have been spolied by a completely bug free experience for the last 93 hours of gameplay. (Did I mention I only installed it 11 days ago?)

Now that the game has been out a while and I've just about conqured the entire map on my second play through. (First playthrough was 40 hours and a really good learning experience in which I united the factions... against myself. *cough*)

Are there any awesome recommended mods?

Thank you so much,

Shantarr Dal'rae
 
Last edited:
I apologize for the necro but I just started playing this game heavily after purchasing it several months ago and I must say... wow.

I already love the medieval era and this just made my year (or 3.)

I suppose I lucked out coming in after the seemingly endless patches and really reaped the rewards. I have been spolied by a completely bug free experience for the last 93 hours of gameplay. (Did I mention I only installed it 11 days ago?)

Now that the game has been out a while and I've just about conqured the entire map on my second play through. (First playthrough was 40 hours and a really good learning experience in which I united the factions... against myself. *cough*)

Are there any awesome recoomended mods?

Thank you so much,

Shantarr Dal'rae

Fun mod: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,119.0.html
 
Thanks for the reply!

Apparently those forums are blocked at my current location but in about an hour or two I'll check it out.

Any spoilers as to what it's about?
 
There are many other mods on that website too, if the one I linked to isn't what you want.

Also, here is another link for the story: http://popmod.wetpaint.com/page/Lore (might be a bit outdated)

Be careful which links you click on in that site as some contain spoilers/cheats.
 
Awesome, excellent resources.

Thank you again!

Hopefully down the line there will be a multiplayer co-op campaign option in which your compainions can be imported character sheets. :D

This game is just too cool.
 
Installed the mod after uniting everyone in vanilla warband and my god is it difficult.

Looks like alot of work went into it and will be a great experience but man... I got defeated maybe 3 times in vanilla warband over several dozen hours and in PoP like 12 times in 10 minutes. Lol.
 
Bumping this thread, I just downloaded (steam) PoP for Warband and I was wondering if there were any compatible mods to boost the game's graphics.
 
Back
Top