Motorized Ergonomic Keyboard

How about a keyboard that types for me. Or simpler yet, manual sliding keyboard.

Kewl, a place to hold my pop-tarts while I type on the keyboard.

Seriously though, I don’t know how this feature improves "ergonomics". The problem most people have is related to the unnatural position of sitting upright in a chair with the desk and keyboard at a near 90 degree angle. This causes you to flex your wrists while typing. Having a keyboard that separates slightly to change the position (slightly) will only cause more problems than it solves. Other than that, the keyboard does look nice.

Their keyboard would be all the greater if they made Dvorak keyboards.

While the music and guy may be annoying, I seriously like the keyboard (I am an ergo-keyboard user) idea so I thought I would share. ;)

uuuuh aaaaahhhh it moves.... impressive.

In all seriousness, the key style is a turn off. I like them concave. Who in their right mind would wear a religious hat or any hat for that matter in a sales video?

yes the music was annoying but ... BUY ME ONE please? I really like this idea and I do have inoperable carpal tunnel, so I'd be a great choice for test-driving one of these for [H] :D

The gaps are probably going to be quite the dust and garbage trap. I wonder how the sliding mechanism hold up against dust and grease or if it's well sealed against it.

Overall it doesn't seem that useful. They could have made it adjustable without a motor with the same outcome post adjustment.

The keys on that keyboard doesn't look very ergonomic at all...

Also, you still can't use this keyboard shomer fucking shabbos.

IBM-Model-M-Keyboard.jpg

/thread

Kind of an annoying infomercial, but I think I might order one, I agree with their idea about ergonomics. I recently upgraded my company to humanscale chairs and motorized desks, while a bit pricey the improvement in daily comfort has been huge.

This keyboard would work for me! I'm only a four finder typist.. LOL I think a full blown typist would have a problem with it though.

Interesting... but not sold. If they would ever make a mechanical key version of the MS Natural 4000, I'd kick babies through flaming hoops for one.

Oh, Smartfish is a subsidiary of Best Buy... Rocketfish now Smartfish

You sure about that? It's kind of odd that Best Buy doesn't have any Smartfish products on their web site. If they were a subsidiary I would think Smartfish would be sold along side rocketfish.

Back