Motherboards that can do T1 Timings

Chilly

[H]ard|Gawd
So I'm wondering what motherboards can do 4 slots of dual channel ram at T1 Timings on the A64, I know that the DFi CrossFire board can, I heard that the DFi nF4 Extreme with a bios update can also, I'm wondering as my friend is building a system and wants to max it out with 4GB. Thanks in advance :)

Chilly

Chilly said:
what motherboards can do 4 slots of dual channel ram at T1 Timings on the A64, I know that the DFi CrossFire board can

That is if you can get the board running, to stay stable, and actually boot consistantly. Not only that, but I've heard of a few already that have already tried running 4 dimms at 1T on this board and have not been successful.

I'd recommend staying away from any DFI board. Their customer service is horrible if you have a problem. They essentially try to deny that anything could be wrong with their motherboards.

I agree, and I own 3 DFI Mobo's. Luckily, mine have been quite smooth (save for the one I killed-who knew it wouldn't hold my 250# ass stepping on it? :p).

the motherboard really doesn't matter much, its the cpu's mem controller that will really be the determining factor.

Baker_God said:
the motherboard really doesn't matter much, its the cpu's mem controller that will really be the determining factor.
Also chipset.

The ATi chipset DFI and Sapphire boards are supposed to be alot better with 4 DIMMs and 1T.

well thats good to here, I hope they can hurry up and get some more of those boards out.

Its actually AMD that doesnt support 1t at 4 full dimms. It would be hit or miss with mobos. I have heard some have success with 1t timing and 4 dims on the dfi expert board while others have failed, with the same memory.

Yeah, I've heard the DFI Expert did support it, but also that the memory controller on AMD chips didn't. I'm not holding my breath though.

Why 4GB? 2GB is plenty I would think.

kirbyrj said:
Yeah, I've heard the DFI Expert did support it, but also that the memory controller on AMD chips didn't. I'm not holding my breath though.

Why 4GB? 2GB is plenty I would think.

Why 4GB, I ask why not?( I realise that programs can't reconize more than 3GB, but I want to run multiple programs, not just 1 :p)

you can run an exponential amount of programs with 2GB of memory... and not many more with 4gb

Back