Ihaveworms
Ukfay Ancerkay
- Joined
- Jul 25, 2006
- Messages
- 4,757
Ok I messed up big time. Let me explain.
I got a lian li PC-V1000B case
Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme
EVGA 680i mobo.
First, look at this pic.
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6894/cpusvb3.jpg
As you can see, I put a Abit 35pro on top, an Asus board in the middle (one i am looking at getting), and the EVGA 680i mobo that I currently have on the bottom.
The problem is this. I put the evga board in the case and set the heatsink where it was supposed to go. I then saw it would not fit properly and was running into the wall the seperates the PSU compartment from the mobo compartment. If you look on that pic, out of all three the EVGA had the CPU socket closest to the edge of the board, which was causing my problem.
So according to a this post on saw on the forums, this person got the thermalright ultra 120 extreme in the same case with aAbit P35. I put a red line on that image to show the differences in space and the Abit does have more than the EVGA. So if I got that Asus (which shows even more room that that P35) would I be able to fit the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme in there no problem?
This is the asus mobo:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131073
Does it look like a good mobo to you all? I plan on overclocking.
I got a lian li PC-V1000B case
Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme
EVGA 680i mobo.
First, look at this pic.
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6894/cpusvb3.jpg
As you can see, I put a Abit 35pro on top, an Asus board in the middle (one i am looking at getting), and the EVGA 680i mobo that I currently have on the bottom.
The problem is this. I put the evga board in the case and set the heatsink where it was supposed to go. I then saw it would not fit properly and was running into the wall the seperates the PSU compartment from the mobo compartment. If you look on that pic, out of all three the EVGA had the CPU socket closest to the edge of the board, which was causing my problem.
So according to a this post on saw on the forums, this person got the thermalright ultra 120 extreme in the same case with aAbit P35. I put a red line on that image to show the differences in space and the Abit does have more than the EVGA. So if I got that Asus (which shows even more room that that P35) would I be able to fit the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme in there no problem?
This is the asus mobo:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131073
Does it look like a good mobo to you all? I plan on overclocking.

