Motherboard Risers?

lt_wentoncha

Limp Gawd
Hi all,

Gah! Roadblock in my build. Trying to screw in a IP35-Pro to a P180B. The P180B only came with 4 mobo riser screws, there appears to be 9 holes. Do I screw in risers into each corner, screw in the mobo without the risers, or wait until tomorrow to make a trip out to Fry's to get more?

Thanks.

lol, sorry all got confused. The risers are already installed. I'm just used to brass ones you screw in yourself.

At any rate, anyone thing the stock HSF will come loose if the computer is shipped by air or freight?

Thanks again all.

Stock HS will be fine to ship.

I would double box if shipping the entire machine. They love to drop em on the corners and warp/bend the entire case and the box the case came in was not made for a loaded machine. Make double damn sure the drives are screwed in well, if one breakes loose (it happened to me) it bounces aournd inside destroying everything.

Stock HS will be fine to ship.

I would double box if shipping the entire machine. They love to drop em on the corners and warp/bend the entire case and the box the case came in was not made for a loaded machine. Make double damn sure the drives are screwed in well, if one breakes loose (it happened to me) it bounces aournd inside destroying everything.
Serious? Which one? Because the drives in the P180B are attached by sleds, not by screws, to the case.

any one, those sleds are (if they are like the typical ones) just little nibs of plastic that go into the drive holes. One good drop, nib shears off, missle in the box.

Its your stuff do what you want. If the sleds are attached by screws you would be ok. Otherwise if it were mine I would ship the drives in a seperate box with peanuts and foam.

any one, those sleds are (if they are like the typical ones) just little nibs of plastic that go into the drive holes. One good drop, nib shears off, missle in the box.

Its your stuff do what you want. If the sleds are attached by screws you would be ok. Otherwise if it were mine I would ship the drives in a seperate box with peanuts and foam.
Oh, I meant to ask which one of your drives broke off and ripped everything up. In my situation, it's sleds, definitely I'll be removing them before I ship it out.

Shipping computers in general is dangerous because once hardware is installed it's not meant to be bounced around. I would recommend padding the hell out of the interior of the case with shipping paper and/or antistatic foam as you want to cushion everything. Even if all the hardware is secured as best as can be, some mean torque on an adapter card can still send it flying.

Back