Before I start, I know the easiest way to find out is to replace the parts to see what fixes it, but I don't have another AMD motherboard to test and am too busy right now to replace the video card (both affected and donor computer are in very inconvenient places to work on).
The problem: When I turn on the computer or attempt to wake it up, about 75% of the time it will give me one long beep, signifying no video. If I turn it off and turn it back on or unplug the computer and restart it, it will work about 50%, sometimes I have to try it multiple times. However, after it is running, I have not had any problems with it, it doesn't randomly shut down or lose the video.
Mobo: Biostar TA770 A2
Video: MSI HD4350
Proc: Sempron 140
Mem: Hynix (something generic) 2x1GB DDR2 667
PSU: Antec Earthwatts 380W
Is there any way besides changing the hardware to identify the problem? I'm not sure if it matters, but the BIOS shows the processor as AMD unknown (has latest version). Also, if I replace the video card and it still has problems, does that mean it is definitely the motherboard? I don't want to have to buy another one only to find out it doesn't fix the problem. Thanks.
The problem: When I turn on the computer or attempt to wake it up, about 75% of the time it will give me one long beep, signifying no video. If I turn it off and turn it back on or unplug the computer and restart it, it will work about 50%, sometimes I have to try it multiple times. However, after it is running, I have not had any problems with it, it doesn't randomly shut down or lose the video.
Mobo: Biostar TA770 A2
Video: MSI HD4350
Proc: Sempron 140
Mem: Hynix (something generic) 2x1GB DDR2 667
PSU: Antec Earthwatts 380W
Is there any way besides changing the hardware to identify the problem? I'm not sure if it matters, but the BIOS shows the processor as AMD unknown (has latest version). Also, if I replace the video card and it still has problems, does that mean it is definitely the motherboard? I don't want to have to buy another one only to find out it doesn't fix the problem. Thanks.