Mother Board Heat

Panda Man

Limp Gawd
I'm sure if this goes here or in the MoBo thread, but anyways:

I just recently built a computer from scratch. My CPU when sitting is running at about 36 degrees Celsius and my Vid. Card aat about 43 degrees Celsius, which is normal correct? I decided i would check the MoBo heat as well, and it registers from 74-75 degrees Celsius! This is not during gaming, this is just sitting. how badly should i be concerned?

-Specs-

Intel 3.0e P4 800MHz FSB 1MB L2 Cache (did i say that right btw?)
ECS 865PE-A ATX Intel Motherboard
Radeon 9600XT 256MB AGP 8x/4x
Kingston ValueRAM 512MB x2
Salvaged 10GB HDD + 4GB(I'm poor right now, i'll get a replacement when i get the moneyz! please don't beat me up!)

EDIT: I just took another reading, it was only 64 degrees C this time. I'm still worried.

Are you sure it's the case (motherboard) temp and not the PWM temp?

The PWM ICs can get pretty hot, but you shouldn't be worried. As for your motherboard, there is very little possibility that it's actually running that hot.

i think its actualy a damaged sensor, as the last reading was 119 degrees Celsius :rolleyes:

and last night i shut it down, unplugged it, took off the side panel and felt around the north bridge, and there was not a place on the MoBo (north or south bridge) that was above 25 degrees C.

I'd just turn off the warning system thing if the mobo gets too hot and not worry about it ;). It's not like the board is brand new anyway. Probably not worth an RMA (neither in time nor money).

kirbyrj said:
I'd just turn off the warning system thing if the mobo gets too hot and not worry about it ;). It's not like the board is brand new anyway. Probably not worth an RMA (neither in time nor money).
you mean brand new as in it just came out or brand new as in just got it. cuz i just got this board 3 days ago from newegg. This is actually a rma'd the first one i got because of a faulty capaciter was killing the board and there was a missing jumper (go figure)

Back