Most Exciting Upcoming Release (Revised Poll)

Which upcoming release are you most excited about?

• Battlefield 3

Votes: 42 33.1%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Diablo 3

Votes: 27 21.3%
  • Halo 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • Modern Warfare 3

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Rage

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Gears of War 3

• Serious Sam 3

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Bioshock Infinite

• Batman: Arkham City

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 10 7.9%

• Total voters
I voted for Diablo III but I'm just as excited about MW3, BF3, and SS.

3rd time luck, eh, Blackstone? ;)

Anyway, on that list Skyrim is the only one on my personal "To Buy" list.

• Battlefield 3 - Looks interesting, depends on the player base.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Nintendo game...no interest in characters and I never played the first, so don't care about elf face and the next magic thing.
    Diablo 3 - Looks ok, but probably not what everyone has hyped it up to be.
  • Halo 4 - Another one...didn't care about the first...or the second...or the third... I suppose generic console FPS have their place, which isn't near me.
  • Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Want but still waaay too expensive. Its 25% more espensive than any other AAA game on steam...and it will have masses of DLC. Will pick up GOTY version in 12 months when its 10% of the cost.
  • Modern Warfare 3 - See halo coments without the "console" reference.
  • Rage - Could go either way, still nice to see an ID game (not made by raven)
  • Gears of War 3 - Will be studied in years to come as how to design stupid looking boring characters. Have no desire to bother with this EPIC born offal
  • Serious Sam 3 - Will be good to try the 16 player co-op. Definately a throw up between this and rage.
  • Bioshock Infinite - Could go either way too. I didn't hate bioshock 2 like everyone else.
  • Batman: Arkham City - Will probably be good but I have no special desire to go out of my way to play it at release. Will pick up in a steam sale at some point.

Last edited:
Gotta be Diablo 3 for me. I'm also psyched for Skyrim, BF3, MW3, Rage and (not on list) Borderlands 2.

Skyrim, but I will wait for the GOTY. No sense paying a $120 for the game plus all expansions when I can pay $50 or less for all of it just by having a little patience.

Likewise for RAGE and BIO Shock Infinite, providing they don't both suck.

I will definitely be picking up Batman AC, prolly within a month of launch. The only paid DLC it is likely to have, is special costumes and/or similar crap that I don't care about.

COD is dead to me and the upcoming BF3 seems like it is going to require Origin. Not bothering with Origin. Steam, Gamespy, and GFWL, are already too many different services I have to log on to just to play a game.

Skyrim, but I will wait for the GOTY. No sense paying a $120 for the game plus all expansions when I can pay $50 or less for all of it just by having a little patience.

Likewise for RAGE and BIO Shock Infinite, providing they don't both suck.

I will definitely be picking up Batman AC, prolly within a month of launch. The only paid DLC it is likely to have, is special costumes and/or similar crap that I don't care about.

COD is dead to me and the upcoming BF3 seems like it is going to require Origin. Not bothering with Origin. Steam, Gamespy, and GFWL, are already too many different services I have to log on to just to play a game.

I too, am excited for Arkham City, the original Batman was a helluva game. I think that will be the one I actually purchase off that list.

I'm somewhat conflicted on Skyrim, on one hand I want it . . . on the other I know the inevitable GOTY will be released . . . .

Virtual tie between D3 and BF3 for me, but I went ahead and voted for D3 since I love me some Blizzard. I also want to okay Skyrim, but like a lot of folks here I think I'm just going to wait for the GotY edition a few months down the road.

Games on that list I will play, in order of care most to almost dgaf: Skyrim, Arkham City, Serious Sam 3, Rage, Battlefield 3, Zelda, Diablo 3

could at least put 1 pc exclusive on the list since this is a PC enthusiast board for the most part. Not my #1 but some might want SWTOR on there

Someone forgot about "Uncharted 3" and "AC2:Revelations". "Mass Effect 3" should be on there if "Bioshock Infinite" is (ME3 2012-03, Infinite is only "2012" AFAIK), and then of course we have the dark horse that is "Reckoning". Other than that, you have most of it covered :)

Last edited:
Battlefield 3 of course. Guild Wars 2 would be number 2 and Diablo 3 doesn't even register on my list.

Someone forgot about "Uncharted 3" and "AC2:Revelations". "Mass Effect 3" should be on there if "Bioshock Infinite" is (ME3 2012-03, Infinite is only "2012" AFAIK), and then of course we have the dark horse that is "Reckoning". Other than that, you have most of it covered :)

Uncharted 3 is coming out? Sweet. Being primarily a PC gamer, I don't normally pay attention to console only titles, but Uncharted 1 & 2 are the only reason I still have that launch PS3 I received as swag/gift. I could care less about most PS3 or 360 exclusives, but that series has, so far, been one that I would love to see on the PC.

Another fail poll what the fuck op you only have a 360 or something? Halo 4 and Gears 3 but no Twisted Metal or Uncharted 3, which will probably win several GOTY awards where as Gears wont win shit much less Halo 4.

Here is the list

Battlefield 3
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Diablo 3
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Modern Warfare 3
Rage
Gears of War 3
Mass Effect 3
Uncharted 3
Batman: Arkham City
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Other

Last edited:
Jeez give the guy a break. I am sure a number of people have differing ideas about which games should be on the poll. There is no reason to get pissy over it. I am sure he is not intentionally slighting the games you want to see there. [H] polls only allow a dozen entries as far as I know.

Another fail poll what the fuck op you only have a 360 or something? Halo 4 and Gears 3 but no Twisted Metal or Uncharted 3, which will probably win several GOTY awards where as Gears wont win shit much less Halo 4.

Here is the list

Battlefield 3
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Diablo 3
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Modern Warfare 3
Rage
Gears of War 3
Mass Effect 3
Uncharted 3
Batman: Arkham City
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Other
I think you should get even angrier. Because as we all know, the internets are serious business. It's not like this is just a random poll on some silly internet forum or anything.

mass effect 3

serious sam 3 on this poll? really?

have you even seen the gameplay videos? There's nothing else like it out there.

But hey, who gives a shit, it isn't made by EA, Blizzard, or Activision.

Bf3 with skyrim being a close second.

Diablo 3 is so far out its barely on my radar right now.

So whos leg do you have to hump to get Mass Effect 3 on this poll?

Oh well, I voted for Batman Arkham City because Im 99% excited about it as I am ME3.

have you even seen the gameplay videos? There's nothing else like it out there.

But hey, who gives a shit, it isn't made by EA, Blizzard, or Activision.

yeah i have, and ill guarantee it doesnt sell 1/100th of what the rest on that list does and that no one is talking about it 1 month after its release. Not saying i wont buy it and enjoy it, but goty material? srsly... Since when does not being made by a major pub mean the game gets a free pass for being awesome?

Just built a new PC for the first time in 3 years to play Skyrim. Maybe some BF3 if the mod community is as good as it was with BF2.

yeah i have, and ill guarantee it doesnt sell 1/100th of what the rest on that list does and that no one is talking about it 1 month after its release. Not saying i wont buy it and enjoy it, but goty material? srsly... Since when does not being made by a major pub mean the game gets a free pass for being awesome?

lol i didn't know sales actually determined if a game was worth looking forward to or not.. but then again i guess COD4-7 must be the greatest games in the world based on their sales when we all know its the exact opposite.. move along, we don't give a crap if your games didn't make it on the poll, go bitch at kyle to allow more options in the poll instead(trust me this option won't go very far), so deal with it.

voted for diablo 3 but just as excited about skyrim. that series has been great since the beginning. still play oblivion with mods

My post was in reference to this being the 1000th poll in a week with the same mistakes over and over even when people specifically mention issues that everyone agrees with.

Back