More Vista: Access Permissions

Oldie

Mean Old Administrator
Has anyone been able to access the application data folder in your user folder? When I try, I'm informed that I don't have permission to access it, and click continue. I click continue, and I'm denied permission. The permissions are set to allow full control to the administrator group, so it doesn't really make sense. It won't even work from the Adminstrator account.

I'm all for security, but come on.....:p

Here's a good example:

vistauser.jpg

Full control is granted, but I still can't access the folder. Odd huh?

I have not figured out why, but basically, that folder is EMPTY. In Vista, your mail and crap like that is NOT in the same place!

not to thread hijack but....... how the hell can I make it to where Vista doesnt keep on asking me EACH and EVERY time when I want to do something?

man, everytime I go to do anything its always giving me a window asking me for permission BS and so on....

ozziegn said:
not to thread hijack but....... how the hell can I make it to where Vista doesnt keep on asking me EACH and EVERY time when I want to do something?

man, everytime I go to do anything its always giving me a window asking me for permission BS and so on....

control panel/user accounts/ change security settings

uncheck the UAC option.

ozziegn said:

Also that is going to be changed in RC1.. Going to change it around somehow so it doesnt friggin pop up everytime

Oldie said:
Has anyone been able to access the application data folder in your user folder? When I try, I'm informed that I don't have permission to access it, and click continue. I click continue, and I'm denied permission. The permissions are set to allow full control to the administrator group, so it doesn't really make sense. It won't even work from the Adminstrator account.

I'm all for security, but come on.....:p

I came across this problem as well. They gave the 'everyone group' a deny access permission. Since a deny permission overrides all, you have to remove that before you can access the application data folder.

IcedEmotion said:
I came across this problem as well. They gave the 'everyone group' a deny access permission. Since a deny permission overrides all, you have to remove that before you can access the application data folder.
Beat me by 5 minutes.

Always rememebr that deny>allow when security is concerned.

ozziegn said:

Glad to be of help. There is nothing but Vista threads in here LOL.

I really like it so far. Some minor problems, but overall, I give it a thumbs up!

uzor said:
Beat me by 5 minutes.

Always rememebr that deny>allow when security is concerned.

OMG that's a great tip!!! I had the same problem last month

Back