More Lian Li O11 Dynamic Mods

notarat

2[H]4U
Dunno if I should continue posting my mods and ideas in daphatgrant's excellent thread located at https://hardforum.com/threads/lian-li-pc-o11-dynamic-modifications.1985656/ or not, but had some failed ideas/mods that I wanted to share without "polluting" his thread. If mods feel it's not appropriate for it's own thread, please merge with the thread linked above.

One iteration of my pump mount was a dual pump mount where the res cap is the actual thing that secures the pump to the mount. This model shows the use of helical gears as columns. The mount is sandwiched between where the reservoir mounts to the pump and where the lid of the res screws in. remove top, slide res in, put cap back on. The pumps are secured by the tab which slots into hole cut into plexi. It's secured via 2 screws with washers larger than the slot so it can't pull out. Third screw goes through the plexi into the bottom

TP1.jpg

Here's a pic of the bottom mount hole
TP3.jpg

Then I got the idea that using the helical gears as part of the mount could be re-modded to be a bit more different. If I removed the helical gears from the mount part and moved the pumps closer together, then and added a drive system I could have the helical gears spin.

TP2.jpg

I The interesting thing about the spinning gears iteration is that it doesn't have to be spinning helical gears,,,I could replace them with 3D Printed Lithophanes of just about any design I wanted.

The motherboard I have has one of those 90° ATX connectors and, because the E-ATX board is in an ATX case with a 360mm rad right in the way, the ATX power cable can't really be "displayed" since you only see an inch or so of it.

Because of that I don't want to spend money on a custom-sleeved ATX cable so I need a way to hide it. I came up with a 3D Printed cover for the connector with the mfgr and model of my PSU and it covers up the ATX cables and blends into the white case
TP4.jpg

That's all for tonight. I am due to receive the 3950X later today but have to stop all work for the next couple weeks minimum so I will share more when I can. IF you have ideas for more O11 Dynamic Mods, please feel free to share.

It's a great case so maybe we can all think up some great mods for it...

Back