Moo!

I've still got rigs in the top 20 - just not as MANY of them.
2 3 4 6 and 15 right now.
What I'm trying to figure out right now is if "EG" and "egiliman" are the same person - I supposed I could just mail him and ask. 9-)

You can put the 521 client in place ot the 520 client in MooWrapper - but it resets if the BOINC client has to restart.
If that problem ever got fixed, I'd give some serious consideration to moving my NVidia farm over to Moo for a couple days a month.

I am pretty sure egiliman is EG. He's a member at OCN

BOINC Scheduler has had problems sending different app versions to clients when there's multiple possible versions for a platform. For example, this happens when there's both OpenCL and Stream/CUDA or both 32-bit and 64-bit CPU app version available. To hopefully fix this our scheduler has been changed to send each app version until it has enough host specific speed samples. Only exception is when that version has been failing.

Please report any problems of getting work or having them fail more often in our forums. Thank you and happy crunching!

http://moowrap.net/forum_thread.php?id=525#7981

So, possibly don't need to do the app_info option to get the better CUDA version. I guess we will find out.

http://moowrap.net/forum_thread.php?id=525#7981

So, possibly don't need to do the app_info option to get the better CUDA version. I guess we will find out.

Maybe I needed to wait longer than 10 Cuda31 tasks, but as far as I can tell the project is still only sending out Cuda31 to Nvidia 1080ti cards on Windows. I didn't get any OpenCL tasks on my Windows setup.

Following the instructions in post 28 was extremely helpful in getting more PPD!

Turn off BOINC, download the files into the moo folder. Make the app_info.xml file in that folder. Copy in those lines. Restart BOINC. Ran a handful of 30 second work unit before sending a longer 6 minute work units.

Last edited:
Not sure on your issue, but mine are sending the OpenCL with version 1.04 of the app on many of my systems. Make sure you are running the drivers from nVidia and not the ones MS pushes with each update. MS doesn't give you the OpenCL portion.

Not sure on your issue, but mine are sending the OpenCL with version 1.04 of the app on many of my systems. Make sure you are running the drivers from nVidia and not the ones MS pushes with each update. MS doesn't give you the OpenCL portion.

I have the drivers from Nvidia. The projects scheduler sent me 10 of the super slow tasks, and I gave up on it, and just installed the app_info opencl optimized apps. Maybe I needed to give the project's scheduler longer and let more slow tasks come in and hope it worked itself out.

All of my GPU tasks are failing in my 980Ti rig. Any idea why?

Back