• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Monsoon

skychilde

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
96
What ever happened to the audio company Monsoon? I've got two sets of speakers from them and they rock.
 
I agree that the speakers are very good. I think they went under though. The Monsoon computer speakers are now worth quite a bit on eBay.
 
I have a set of PlanarMedia 14s in an unopened box.

I bought them but never opened them because I got a gift of Klipschs 2.1 from the wife. It doesn't matter how good they sound, I'm using what my wife bought me. ;)

I was thinking about putting them on Ebay, but should I unpack and test them or sell as NIB? :confused:
 
I would test it for eBay. It would give the buyer peace of mind in a website that tends to offer many problems.
 
My mom has a '98 Buick Regal with a Monsoon sound system. Very nice stuff. I'd take Monsoon over Bose any day. Tragic indeed.
 
I was using some Monsoon MH-505s as my first "serious" PC speakers some years back, and they were wonderful to listen to. I'd damn sure still be using them if one of them hadn't died (as much as I love my ProMedia 2.1s, the Monsoons surprisingly had a slightly cleaner sound to them).
 
I would test it for eBay. It would give the buyer peace of mind in a website that tends to offer many problems.

I really appreciate the response.

It's not like these appreciate by being sealed but I wasn't sure what to do.

Looks like I'll be unboxing these things before I'll ask if there's any "takers".
 
Back
Top