Monoprice Pro Backlit Macro Gaming Keyboard (MX Red) - $84.40

Have you ever tried reds with dampners? Shit is amazing.

As for this keyboard, yay a red board is on sale, too bad its not a 105/4 key board though.

I haven't tried that but I need need something good for non gaming. I thought reds were too sensitive for regular typing?

Jeez, I wish someone would make a mechanical keyboard with a white LED backlight....

Well, someone more reasonably priced than Ducky, that is...

I haven't tried that but I need need something good for non gaming. I thought reds were too sensitive for regular typing?

It's all a matter of personal preference, but I feel that more often than not, people tend to find reds too light and sensitive. I know I do.

Damnit... Nearly perfect.. I am wanting browns, but otherwise the TKL & orange backlite are my preference.. Ducky is the only one I know of who makes one & its 140 so this is still tempting even without the browns.

Damnit... Nearly perfect.. I am wanting browns, but otherwise the TKL & orange backlite are my preference.. Ducky is the only one I know of who makes one & its 140 so this is still tempting even without the browns.

The link above offers organge and browns in some models. Amber is an easy color on the eyes.

Speed typing actually is done on browns and or reds, reds are more for if you're a crawler type of keyer.

I like the dampners because you can tell when you bottom out, that's the only thing I don't like about reds, without them they suck imo.

Jeez, I wish someone would make a mechanical keyboard with a white LED backlight....

Well, someone more reasonably priced than Ducky, that is...

I have the Ducky you speak of, but if you're looking for a lower priced option what about the Logitech G710+?

The Max and K95 are reportedly nice keyboards, but they cost as much as the Ducky (normal price). Luckily I got mine on sale for $115, worth every penny. :D

Corsair K95. Fantastic keyboard!

Wow, I didn't even know the K95 was out yet... I remember hearing about it last year but it hadn't been released yet.

Glad they finally came out with a FULLY mechanical keyboard.

Honestly I bought the QWERkeys switch tester from massdrop. Browns is what I would prefer. I like greens too, but they are loud. I am not a fan of TKL boards though and I use the ten-key enough that I don't want to have to purchase an addon. Decent price though.

necro-ish...

I was about to buy this but the Max TKL has browns, why do I not want reds? Haven't used mechanical since IBM.

I like the layout, but I play late at night and I'm afraid a mechanical keyboard would be too noisy.

Also, I'm a kook, but I wouldn't buy one unless it had green LEDs.

I like the layout, but I play late at night and I'm afraid a mechanical keyboard would be too noisy.

Also, I'm a kook, but I wouldn't buy one unless it had green LEDs.

As long as there is a wall or something separating you from everyone else, it won't be too loud unless you get a clicky switch like Blues or Greens. I stopped using Blues at night because of the noise but my keyboards with Reds and Browns don't bother my sleeping GF in the next room one bit.

And there are several boards available with green LEDs. :cool: Just not this deal.

As long as there is a wall or something separating you from everyone else, it won't be too loud unless you get a clicky switch like Blues or Greens. I stopped using Blues at night because of the noise but my keyboards with Reds and Browns don't bother my sleeping GF in the next room one bit.

And there are several boards available with green LEDs. :cool: Just not this deal.

Thanks, I'm leaning toward browns - I don't even care about getting this deal, I just wish they had more configuration options. Trying to find the layout, switch and LED color you want is daunting. Even when it is known to exist, it seems like the ones I want are never in stock.

necro-ish...

I was about to buy this but the Max TKL has browns, why do I not want reds? Haven't used mechanical since IBM.

excel420-20140331-231611.png

ripped from techreport.com

i advise you just buy a rosewill rk-9000, the model with reds is only $70 right now. i have the one with blues and it's built like a tank, but according to others the mini usb connector is flimsy. i personally don't see how that would matter considering it's a keyboard, it's not going to be doing much other than sitting on your desk. nice and simple with no ugly keycap printing. or, go for a leopold.

Last edited:
i have a mechanical keyboard from monoprice, can't remember the model but i LOVE it ... more than my daskeyboard at work.

Have you ever tried reds with dampners? Shit is amazing.

As for this keyboard, yay a red board is on sale, too bad its not a 105/4 key board though.

I've tried reds with dampeners and it was hard on my fingers. I tend to bottom out no matter what type of switch and the early impact (though dampened) did not feel so good. I've gotten used to reds and actually prefer them over browns.

i advise you just buy a rosewill rk-9000, the model with reds is only $70 right now. i have the one with blues and it's built like a tank, but according to others the mini usb connector is flimsy. i personally don't see how that would matter considering it's a keyboard, it's not going to be doing much other than sitting on your desk. nice and simple with no ugly keycap printing. or, go for a leopold.
I looked at Rosewill and their TKLs don't have backlighting. I don't see any Leopolds that have it either.

If this Monoprice TKL had brown or blue switches it would be perfect, I can't find another backlit TKL with macro keys. I type a lot and I'm not sure about the reds.

I thought they very same thing when I ordered by Rosewill mechanical keyboard with the Cherry Brown keys. Since my keyboard would stay on my desk how bad could it be? Six months later I was RMA'ing the keyboard.

NewEgg states that the new batch of Rosewill keyboards have fixed the weak USB issue as so far it hasn't shown any signs of the original keyboard so hopefully all is well with all the new Rosewill keyboards. *knock on virtual wood*

It's nice to have a clicky mechanical keyboard again and over all I like my Rosewill but I wish I hadn't have had to go through the whole RMA process.

There are green switches now? OMG I know want to buy a keyboard with them.

Back