Monoprice Glass Display Pro 399.99 FS @ . DisplayPort/HDMI/DVI/VGA 2560 x 1440

StormUP

Gawd
http://www..com/prod/27-ips-glass-p...hd-2560x1440-with-hdmi-1-4-dvi/252439954.html

This is the best price I've seen for this monitor. I have no idea how good of a display it is.

The Monoprice Zero-G is the lower end DVI-only model. It is currently on sale for 299.99 (also the lowest I've seen) and was reviewed by AnandTech. http://www.anandtech.com/show/7240/monoprice-zerog-slim-27-ips-monitor-review. It has horrible contrast due to having a brightness control that doesn't function properly.

Does anyone know of a review of the Glass Panel Pro LED model? Does it have the same issues as the Zero-G? If so, I'm not interested, but if it works correctly I'm very very interested.

Damn that's a good deal. I bought this monitor a while back and it has been great. It's guaranteed to have a pixel perfect screen, which is what I got. The backlight was also nearly perfect. The bad parts are the stand and controls, but I'll take that any day over bright/dead pixels, crosshatching, and overshoot ghosting.

Are people still getting fraudulent charges on their credit cards after buying from this site?

Shows up as $450 now if you go search for item manually.

The link isn't to Monoprice. It's to Buy.com or R a k u t e n .com which has been having huge CC fraud for the past 2-3 years. I, myself, have been a victim of it. There is a thread over a SlickDeals with hundreds of people with the same issues.

Ah, so that's why they're blacklisted. Good to know. I have bought from them in the past and haven't had a problem, but that's a large risk to take.

Shows up as $450 now if you go search for item manually.

If you click on the item there is an "instant rebate" or whatever you would like to call it that brings the price down. From what I've been able to read on forums this sounds like it is a 16.7 million, 8-bit rather than as advertised 10-bit monitor. I haven't found anywhere that has taken a colorimeter or light meter to it to check luminance levels when brightness is changed. I suspect this has similar problems to the zero-G based on the fact it is not the advertised bit depth, same as that one.

If you don't care about those things it seems like a good deal on this particular monitor....

You can checkout with PayPal so that they don't get your CC info. They also offer MasterPass and V.me checkout, neither of which I've used. I don't know if those 2 services give the vendor your CC number or not as I've never used them.

If you click on the item there is an "instant rebate" or whatever you would like to call it that brings the price down. From what I've been able to read on forums this sounds like it is a 16.7 million, 8-bit rather than as advertised 10-bit monitor. I haven't found anywhere that has taken a colorimeter or light meter to it to check luminance levels when brightness is changed. I suspect this has similar problems to the zero-G based on the fact it is not the advertised bit depth, same as that one.

If you don't care about those things it seems like a good deal on this particular monitor....

You can checkout with PayPal so that they don't get your CC info. They also offer MasterPass and V.me checkout, neither of which I've used. I don't know if those 2 services give the vendor your CC number or not as I've never used them.

Depending who your CC provider is, you might be able to get a single use card #. It's worth the call to ask if it'll save you and them a lot of time not having to deal with a fraud issue.

I think Discover and AmEx offer it.

Depending who your CC provider is, you might be able to get a single use card #. It's worth the call to ask if it'll save you and them a lot of time not having to deal with a fraud issue.

I think Discover and AmEx offer it.

You can do it right off of the Discover website. It's really convenient.

I bought mine directly from Monoprice for $379 with one of their coupons at the end of August. I think it looks great, but I'm not hypercritical like many. I think their return policy is pretty solid so I don't see much risk in buying one.

The link isn't to Monoprice. It's to Buy.com or R a k u t e n .com which has been having huge CC fraud for the past 2-3 years. I, myself, have been a victim of it. There is a thread over a SlickDeals with hundreds of people with the same issues.

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I haven't ordered from them in a while and now never will.

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I haven't ordered from them in a while and now never will.

Yeah, I just yesterday unsubscribed from their email spamming. I used to make purchases from buy.com frequently, but not any more after these bad reports!

No on USB 3.0. It's now 398.36 @ Amazon where Monoprice is advertising no restocking fee in the description.

*** 30-day easy returns. No restocking fee. Free lifetime technical support. 1 year warranty. ***

As far as that site mentioned above, terrible customer service as well. I just ordered from them, and once I spend my 15k points I earned I never will shop there again.

Back