Monkey Mind Pong

This is how it starts...
tenor.gif

Funny.
You can do the exact same thing with a camera tracking the eyes. It lags almost exactly the same too.
No brain surgery required.

My bullshit meter is also off the charts. Until I see data to review I don't buy it.

Funny.
You can do the exact same thing with a camera tracking the eyes. It lags almost exactly the same too.
No brain surgery required.

My bullshit meter is also off the charts. Until I see data to review I don't buy it.
How would you do this with eye tracking if I want to briefly look somewhere else while waiting for the dot to get to the square?

So...if you're playing a game with your mind, are you even playing the game? How would this actually work?

So...if you're playing a game with your mind, are you even playing the game? How would this actually work?

It's just a different input device. It should make control significantly better though.
So for example you're playing an FPS and moving the mouse to aim.
Instead of depending on hand-eye coordination to get a quick headshot you just need to quickly focus on on where to aim and it should aim and shoot.
So you go from eye-brain-hand-shoot to eye-brain-shoot. You basically remove coordination and it becomes more reflexes and technique.

It's just a different input device. It should make control significantly better though.
Instead of depending on hand-eye coordination to get a quick headshot you just need to quickly focus on on where to aim and it should aim and shoot.
So you go from eye-brain-hand-shoot to eye-brain-shoot. You basically remove coordination and it becomes more reflexes and technique.
And there are servomotors that move faster than you can think to take that input. Brave new world.

Very interesting. My next question would be: Is it even fun at that point?

Coordination at least introduces an element of skill. Stacking up your brain's instrinsic processing capabilities versus someone else in such a direct fashion seems...weird. What's next? Bell Curve, the game?

Last edited:
Very interesting. My next question would be: Is it even fun at that point?

Coordination at least introduces an element of skill. Stacking up your instrinsic capabilities versus someone else in such a direct fashion seems...weird. What's next? Bell Curve, the game?

Yeah that's something I wonder about too. But while hand-eye coordination can make you a lot better at games it really isn't nearly as big of a factor as most people realize. Even in FPS games like Quake where you would think it matters the most, a huge part of the game is still strategy and technique and even if you have quicker reflexes and better aim you can still lose.

It will be interesting to see if this widens or lessens the skill gap between people. Will some people just be able to focus better and aim way faster with their mind than other people, or will there end up a negligible difference between people where things like aim and reflexes mostly don't matter anymore.

It could actually just bring games to the next level. Instead of mouse and keyboard gamers laughing at how pathetic controller players in comparison it will be mind players laughing at keyboard and mouse players. Something like StarCraft isn't playable at the same level using a controller as it is with keyboard and mouse. We could see some new games that are so advanced they aren't even playable with keyboard and mouse and you need your mind to play them.

The competetion hard at practice.“I could get my ass beat”, he sais...

nathan-pong-e1621000242379.png

https://www.technologyreview.com/20...ink-man-monkey-mindpong-challenge-video-game/

Neuralink’s primate would have the advantage of a next-generation interface, which the
company calls “the Link.” While Copeland has to attach cables to two ports on his skull.
Neither budget could swing a subscription for Full Selfmonkey Driving.

Last edited:
Back