Monitoring Trinity Temps...

• Thread starter Deleted member 88227
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 88227

So I have an A10-5800k CPU now and I'd like to keep an eye on it's temps, especially since the case is in an enclosed cabinet. However every single program I've tried to use shows incorrect temps. Temps in the 10*C and less range which is impossible, seeing as how the room temperature is more than double that.

It's a BIOSTAR A85W Hi-Fi FM2 motherboard.

Programs I have tried;
  • Speed Fan 4.47, shows three temps (10C, 31C and 32C currently)
  • Core Temp, shows all four cores 1C all the way across the board, sometimes drops to 0C. Maybe I should turn it into a cooler?
  • TOVERCLOCKER, showed 10C
  • HWiNFO64 v4.14-1880, shows 10C, 31C and 32C.

No idea what the issue is.

Stick to using HWiNFO and monitor the CPU temps, not the core temps as they tend to be inaccurate (especially at idle).

Have you tried RealTemp? I used to use nothing but CoreTemp, but once I tried RealTemp I haven't gone back..

It could also be a funky BIOS issue..Are you running the latest BIOS for that board? I have never been a huge BIOSTAR fan, although the single AMD 760G based board I used for my Pop's was rock solid..

Have you tried RealTemp? I used to use nothing but CoreTemp, but once I tried RealTemp I haven't gone back..

It could also be a funky BIOS issue..Are you running the latest BIOS for that board? I have never been a huge BIOSTAR fan, although the single AMD 760G based board I used for my Pop's was rock solid..

RealTemp doesn't support the processor, first thing I tried. I love RealTemp, forgot to mention it. I use it on my Intel desktop.

As for the BIOS, I'm not sure. I will check that now.

As for HWiNFO, I have no idea which one is the "CPU Temp" as they aren't marked clearly. :eek:

Edit
Found HWiNFO's CPU temp. It's reading 5.4*C right now, just a few minutes ago I ran Prime95 and it got to around 28*C, doubt that's accurate.

TOVERCLOCKER shows ~38*C when stressing with P95...

This is aggravating. After doing some Google searching, seems to be a common issue. Should have just went with Intel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried HWMonitor?

Also remember, that the core temp is only an extrapolation by algorithm based on the socket sensor. There is no real sensor embedded inside the die and it is known that for low socket temperatures the reported core is bogus (too low). It becomes credible for medium to high socket temps.

i've been going through the same trouble with my A8-5600k system i recently built for a HTPC. thus far the only program that seems to give me resonable and realistic temps is CPUID's HW monitor. but the reading from the motherboard seems low but does move up and down with loads correctly and the reading for the package temperature on the cpu itself seems high under load and is very erratic so the conclusion i've drawn is, along with other issues i've had stick with intel if you can because AMD is a bit shotty about the details, heck i just got this system to stop crashing finally though it was not AMD's fault per se i've still never built an intel system that was all brand new parts and locked up randomly before. YMMV

Back