Monitor will not wake up

Hi,

My monitor will not wake up after waking up the system. The system itself wakes up (power LED, disks start spinning, I can hear audio activating), but the monitor will not power up. After 20 secs the system then restarts.
That's with the motherboard BIOS setting of Wake on -> BIOS. When I change this to "OS" option, the same happens with the exception that the system is not restarted.

The hardware was just upgraded (Intel --> AMD), and I did not reinstall my system after this upgrade. Everything works except for this waking up.
The monitor wakes up properly if it is only monitor sleep, but not with the whole machine sleep.

Windows 10, latest
GPU: Gigabyte GForce 970 (latest drivers)
Monitor: HP ZR30w
MB: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX (latest drivers)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
SSD: Samsung EVO 960 M.2
Adaptec RAID 2405 (RAID card)

These types of issues are common when you don't do a re-install, especially when changing motherboard (chipset) brands. Try to install the AMD chipset drivers if you can; don't simply rely on Windows Update to install everything automatically.

Last edited:
ddu the video drivers and install the newest and like he said^ install the chipset driver. also, remove any of the old intel stuff if you havent.

ddu the video drivers and install the newest and like he said^ install the chipset driver. also, remove any of the old intel stuff if you havent.

What do you mean "ddu"?
I installed the AMD chipset drivers.
How can I "remove old Intel stuff"? I do not see anything Intel-related in "Add/remove programs"

google ddu and download it, run it, reboot, install new nvidia driver.
k.
should be ok then, if nothing shows there.

OK, I did DDU, installed the NVIDIA drivers.
Unfortunately still the same:(
The monitor is not waking up:(
check event viewer and see if it says anything. something software or driver, not the monitor itself, isnt waking correctly and is crashing and rebooting the system.
ps: it might not be worth pulling hair either, maybe disable sleep and just turn the monitor off.

check event viewer and see if it says anything. something software or driver, not the monitor itself, isnt waking correctly and is crashing and rebooting the system.
ps: it might not be worth pulling hair either, maybe disable sleep and just turn the monitor off.

Yes!
Kernel Power critical error.

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}

EventID 41

Version 6

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000400000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2020-07-03T18:59:32.256662500Z

EventRecordID 46407

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer MyCmp

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 10
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x2
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0xfffff804626a2c67
SleepInProgress 4
PowerButtonTimestamp 0
BootAppStatus 0
Checkpoint 16
ConnectedStandbyInProgress false
SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 1
CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0
BugcheckInfoFromEFI false
CheckpointStatus 0

thats the error from it rebooting unexpectedly. see if there is anything before that, look at the time stamps. also, whats your ram?

thats the error from it rebooting unexpectedly. see if there is anything before that, look at the time stamps. also, whats your ram?

Memory: RAM DDR4 Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) 3000MHz CL15 Vengeance LPX Blac

There is one more critical error (Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime) and two "normal errors":
One of "normal errors" is with:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AXSP\1.02.00\atkexComSvc.exe

Some old ASUS driver. This is from the old motherboard probably.. How to remove that? No indication in Add or remove programs though.

The second normal error is with "Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP".

Memory: RAM DDR4 Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) 3000MHz CL15 Vengeance LPX Blac

There is one more critical error (Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime) and two "normal errors":
One of "normal errors" is with:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AXSP\1.02.00\atkexComSvc.exe

Some old ASUS driver. This is from the old motherboard probably.. How to remove that? No indication in Add or remove programs though.

The second normal error is with "Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP".
up the ram voltage to 1.4v. every single set of corsair ive ever used needed more voltage to be 100% stable.
check for any monitor tools or disable it in services

up the ram voltage to 1.4v. every single set of corsair ive ever used needed more voltage to be 100% stable.
check for any monitor tools or disable it in services

RAM V changed.

Could you please clarify what do you mean by "monitor tools". Any examples, names?

Back