Monitor Recommendation

Simmonz

2[H]4U
I'm looking for a monitor for my girlfriend. She wants a 24" screen that can be tilted into portrait mode. I would like it to be an IPS panel if possible. I'm having trouble finding options that will do the portrait mode. My budget would ideally be under $300 but if I have to spend more then so be it. Any recommendations ?

All P series and U series dell's have portrait mode. US prices are sky rocketing. It is cheaper to buy from amazon or Dell in europe and pay shipping costs than purchased from dell us without a discount coupon. I like the P2416D at 24" but strongly recommend her to consider the U2515H

While I can't vouch for the Dell IPS monitor quality of today, I still have an old u2410 that does all of that and the colors still blow my mind compared to newer monitors. I've heard of problems with QC in newer models of ultrasharps primarily the u2413 but they may have fixed that as they're in u2415 now.

I'm going to see just how bad she wants the portrait mode. I can buy the LG 23MP47HQ for $179.99 CAD or the AOC I2367Fh for $199 CAD and while neither do portrait it would save a lot of money. I'm not trying to argue whether these other choices are better quality screens than the Dell models but it's a huge price premium to pay just to get her portrait. In the end it's her money so we'll see. Thanks for the recommendations guys.

It looks like the LG you listed has screw holes for a VESA 75x75. So you could buy a better stand which supports raising it high enough to allow it to rotate into portrait. Something like this. (This item is an example, not a recommendation, I've never used that specific mount.)

For a bit more you can get various styles of arms that would free up more desk space, while allowing portrait.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back