• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Monitor recommendation- Prosumer on a budget.

Modred189

Can't Read the OP
2FA
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
17,077
Need some help finding a monitor for my father.

He wants a larger screen for photo editing. 32" or larger, with reasonably good color reproduction. He's a pretty good photographer with decent hardware (Sony A77 II). However, he doesn't want to spend more than around $500-$600.

He IS an amateur, so he doesn't need actual gear.

Any recommendation?
 
32” or larger makes it tricky.
I recently picked up a 31mu97 for $450, but that was used and it’s “only” 31”. Probably the best bang for the buck in the segment. And it’s a legitimate entry level production monitor. Finding something >27” that isn’t garbage will be tough.

With your budget, I’d recommend checking the used market. You may be able to find a used NEC PA272 or Eizo. If you’re really on a budget then you can look into Dell Ultrasharps.

Whatever you buy i would check tftcentral for reviews and make sure it can do true 10-bit, has 100% Adobe RGB, and IPS.
 
Thanks for the info. This seems like an odd niche I've been asked to fill. For some reason, he wants to put a TV-sized panel on the wall behind his desk for photo editing. I just can't see it being a good experience.
 
Thanks for the info. This seems like an odd niche I've been asked to fill. For some reason, he wants to put a TV-sized panel on the wall behind his desk for photo editing. I just can't see it being a good experience.
I'm not sure if you roam the "Display" section of [H] often, but this actually a really common setup on here. I too can't really imagine something 40" and up being very comfortable, especially since they aren't making em' curved anymore, but a lot of people love em'. Maybe I'll give it a try one thing. Who knows, it might be nice.
 
Back
Top