Monitor for portrait mode

Syribo

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm really loving the idea of having one monitor in portrait mode for web browsing and stuff. I've been doing it on and off for the last month with my BenQ XL2720Z... but... the awful viewing angles on this thing make it hard to tolerate. I use my AOC Q2770PQU as my main monitor, the BenQ on the right, and then I have an Acer G276HL on the left. I would actually rather be testing it out with using the Acer in portrait (This monitor was cheap as hell, but honestly, the viewing angles... are not that bad, along with the quality), but it has no adjustable stand, and I have been too scared to try using a monitor mount with my glass desk.

So I was wondering.. What are the best specs to look for in a monitor that will be used mainly for reading off of, and in portrait mode? I'm assuming IPS is the way to go. I'm also not sure if 27" is ideal for me or not for this.. My monitors are all 27", but in portrait mode, this thing is TALL. Maybe 24" would look better.. Damn, I wish I had hung onto my old Samsung 245T that stopped working last year, and tried to get it fixed.. that thing was great to read off of.

Anyone have a good recommendation for a portrait used monitor? I would actually love to have another of the Q2770PQU to use in portrait.. but without scaling, the 1440p is a little harder to read off of. So I'm not sure if I should go for 1080p or 1440p for sure hm..

I have a pair of Dell 1200p IPS monitors in portrait mode and they're very good. But be sure to get one with at least similar ppi to the current monitor: I have a 4k monitor with a much higher ppi and Windows' scaling is atrocious.

I have a pair of Dell 1200p IPS monitors in portrait mode and they're very good. But be sure to get one with at least similar ppi to the current monitor: I have a 4k monitor with a much higher ppi and Windows' scaling is atrocious.

I was thinking a 24" 1920x1200 IPS... Ugh, my 245T would have been perfect for this.. I'm mad I completely threw it out, instead of trying to have it repaired, as I've learned it's a relatively easy fix to do.

1200 seems like it may be the sweet spot, 1440p is just too small... 1080 is just too big.

Back