Monarch Computer slowest shipper EVER

i ordered an ocz 520 powerstream last monday and its been in the warehouse since with no e-mail on it's status. it says in stock items ship within 1-2 business days from warehouse. man they are slow..i woulda paid the extra 15+ or whatever from newegg if it took this long

Gadfly said:
1 in stock part ordered with over-night shipping = 8 days to get it.... :rolleyes:
Yeah I ordered a CPU from them a few weeks ago with 2day fedex and it took at least 5 business days to reach me. They do have a statement during the ordering process about it may take a certain number of days to process the order. 8 days is a bit excessive - you should have gotten 2day shipping =P

bench261 said:
i ordered an ocz 520 powerstream last monday and its been in the warehouse since with no e-mail on it's status. it says in stock items ship within 1-2 business days from warehouse. man they are slow..i woulda paid the extra 15+ or whatever from newegg if it took this long

Thats funny bench261. I ordered the same exact psu from them last Monday as well. And still nothing for me as well. I'm thinking of calling them up and cancelling and ordering from the egg.

smellyfatchick said:
Thats funny bench261. I ordered the same exact psu from them last Monday as well. And still nothing for me as well. I'm thinking of calling them up and cancelling and ordering from the egg.

better yet email them with a link to this thread....it says 2nd day fed ex but the shipping i paid for was the 5-7 day ground...so i might give them a chance. anyway i emailed them last night ...if its not here by wednesday i'm gunna cancel it and think about the enermax liberty from zzf

after a disgruntled email to monarch this is what i got:

"My records indicate we will receive this in today, so I would expect this order to ship later this evening or first thing tomorrow. We sincerely apologize for the delay."

"My records indicate there was an oversell on the OCZ, but we are receiving more today, so I would expect your order will ship later today, or first thing tomorrow. We sincerely apologize for this delay."

so i'm guessing it was never in stock to begin with....yeah it was cheaper at monarch than newegg but time is money...i'll make sure to post that in resellerratings

*an update on my follow up disgruntled email*

apparently after suggesting to give an honest review on resellerratings about products supposedly on stock...my psu is being overnighted tonight. i'll let u guys know if i receive it tomorrow. if you guys look for negative complaints at resellerratings you'll see that all of it is due to items being displayed supposedly "in stock"...so i'm sure they know the problem

Chris_Morley said:
However, there are still companies out there that have no idea what all of this means. Directron.com is definitely one of them.

That's right! I ordered a GTO2 from them a while back when they were showing up as in stock, and got a email around a day later to call them up to "confirm the address". I couldn't get through to them and was told 3 days later that the part was out of stock, would you like a store credit?

Emails for an explanation was neatly sidestepped - the guy seemed to be responding from a script.

Nice of them to keep your money for a week, then show you the finger.

Monarch's shipping is terrible - takes too darn long, like what you guys have experienced. And fedex seems to be screwed, too. Their tracking data is inaccurate.

i ordered a couple things from xtreme gear (buyxg.com) last year, and they never go around to processing my order until a week later i called them and they said "sorry, must have forgot" rofl

i wasn't in a hurry, because other parts were still being ordered but...

I live a few miles from Monarch, and frequently go to their warehouse in-person to buy from them. One time when I bought a case they actually let me drive around back and go just inside the actual warehouse while the guy looked for my case, and I saw it from the inside. They are small. It has a family-owned business feel, apparently an asian-american family. The warehouse seemed somewhat cluttered, with half open boxes and random parts scattered around. They are very friendly and their prices are cheap, and I love doing business with them. I've never had to get something shipped from them, so I can't speak to that side of it. But if you need parts and you are on the east coast, I'd certainly think they'd be a better choice than one of the west coast operations (they are in a suburb of metro Atlanta).

I ordered my 148 from Monarch and I got it in three days. I chose 5-7 day shipping.

Welcome to the 21st century of e-commerce. Purchasing orders a part, it's then forecasted in whatever ERP/MRP system you use. Accounting has access to it, as does Receiving when the order shows up, which is then...ding ding ding...received. Which then updates inventory with the correct number of parts in stock. Your website then shows the part as in stock and the number that people order will then reduce the number in your ERP/MRP system, until a threshold is reached that prompts you to reorder, which is based on run rate, availability, and length of shipping from the distributor.

What? Just kidding. Good explanation. Too bad not too many companies get it yet! :(

bench261 said:
after a disgruntled email to monarch this is what i got:

"My records indicate we will receive this in today, so I would expect this order to ship later this evening or first thing tomorrow. We sincerely apologize for the delay."

"My records indicate there was an oversell on the OCZ, but we are receiving more today, so I would expect your order will ship later today, or first thing tomorrow. We sincerely apologize for this delay."

so i'm guessing it was never in stock to begin with....yeah it was cheaper at monarch than newegg but time is money...i'll make sure to post that in resellerratings

*an update on my follow up disgruntled email*

apparently after suggesting to give an honest review on resellerratings about products supposedly on stock...my psu is being overnighted tonight. i'll let u guys know if i receive it tomorrow. if you guys look for negative complaints at resellerratings you'll see that all of it is due to items being displayed supposedly "in stock"...so i'm sure they know the problem

I got the same email for this same part that I ordered on the same day as you Bench261. I however did not get any offer for upgraded shipping despite my previous emails that I needed this part by today. If they told me from the start or even three days after I ordered that it was not in stock, I could've cancelled my order and ordered from the EGG with overnight or 2 day shipping since I needed this part by today. I then told them that this kind of practice is unacceptable and that I too would document this on Resellerratings. ONLY THEN did they upgrade my shipping. So my order is now delivered but only after 4 emails with the last one mentioning resellerratings. What a pain. So it seems that their policy is to keep lying that a part is in stock even if it isn't and hope you don't cancel and then they'll tell you that it was out of stock the whole time only when they do finally have it in stock thinking that you'll figure it's too late to cancel. So I guess to all potential buyers of these guys, be aware that they do this kind of thing and allow yourself some time if you really need a part from them.

I ordered an opteron from them on sunday, it shipped fedex saver on monday and it is "on vehicle for delivery" right now (wednessday). Pretty good performance in my book.

stobor said:
I ordered an opteron from them on sunday, it shipped fedex saver on monday and it is "on vehicle for delivery" right now (wednessday). Pretty good performance in my book.

Yes, I agree that if they have a part in stock they're fine. I've ordered combo parts from them before and got it in a reasonable amount of time. The problem I have with them is their lying about something that is out of stock and their reluctance to tell you so.

an update on my psu...i received it today after they upgraded it on overnight after my complaint.

while i appreciate the extra effort to get it to me on time, it's pretty certain they know they don't have certain items in stock when u check the negative comments on resellerratings. i would have rather ordered it from a place that actually had it than having me kept in the dark on it's real status

sorry to hear what u went thru smelly......i made a disgruntled complaint from the start, and mentioned resellerratings right away. they know people pay attention to that site because that is the ONLY reason i ordered from them

I called Monarch on a Thursday to ask if I were to put in an order for ~$5,000 worth of combo systems if they could have them to me by the following Thursday. After 3 emails and 4 calls back, Monday afternoon I'm told they can do it.. If I pay for overnight shipping :eek: :eek: I guess they're not such a family business that didn't care about my measly $5k order, cause I walked and they didn't give a shit. But they lost any business they'd ever get from me, because that 3 day delay waiting for them to get their shit together made me rush finding replacements.

Just to break the trend here , I called Monarch this morning to check stock on an Opteron. It was in stock so I ordered it on the website .(about 9am) and I got a Fedex shipment notification/tracking @ 5pm ...

PhoS said:
Just to break the trend here , I called Monarch this morning to check stock on an Opteron. It was in stock so I ordered it on the website .(about 9am) and I got a Fedex shipment notification/tracking @ 5pm ...

I guess that's what I'll do in the future if I order from them. I'll call them to make sure they have it in stock, but who knows maybe calling them is no different than relying on their website stock status. They do have good prices though.

smellyfatchick said:
I guess that's what I'll do in the future if I order from them. I'll call them to make sure they have it in stock, but who knows maybe calling them is no different than relying on their website stock status. They do have good prices though.

I call everyone (besides newegg) I order from and ask them to verify that the item is in stock in person before I ever order. This has saved me a whole lot of trouble , you would be amazed how many ive called that had a website that said it was in stock but when I called they didnt have any..

PhoS said:
I call everyone (besides newegg) I order from and ask them to verify that the item is in stock in person before I ever order. This has saved me a whole lot of trouble , you would be amazed how many ive called that had a website that said it was in stock but when I called they didnt have any..

Yeah, I guess they're more forthcoming about the true status if you haven't placed your order yet cause they certainly didn't tell the truth about the out of stock status after I ordered.

I'm east coast like them and ordered my 175 Opetron there. I'm in Canada and from shipping to my door it took 20 days. Not great, not slow....at least I got my CABWE 0530 :D

Ordered an Opteron on Friday and paid for ground shipping. It went out that afternoon two day FedEx and I had it Monday, a day ahead of scheduled delivery. :)

Cheers to Monarch and FedEx.

and why is this in the AMD Processors forum? :confused:

Ordered an Opty 170 and a DFI SLI-DR Expert combo from Monarch on Sunday. Had it at my door with fedex 2day on Wednesday. I was plesently suprised.

I have to agree, even newegg has some "odd" shit happen....like when you get a DOA part, send it back, and they charge you a 15% RESTOCK fee? For a BROKEN out of the box part? WTF is up with that.....I even told them I did not want the same brand, and that I had ordered a replacement already (from newegg even)....

...I gave an earful (nicely) to a live person for that....was assured it would get fixed....guess what...never did....even though I still get 90% of my stuff from the egg.....that sucks, and wouldbe enough to make some people stop buying from them...

Gadfly said:
1 in stock part ordered with over-night shipping = 8 days to get it.... :rolleyes:

heh I ordered a part, payed with paypal, canceled same day. (11/19) emailed support they said I wouldnt pay restocking fee and they would refund my paypal. Still havent got anything to this day. I called and a "kid" (sounded young) picked up and said it would be 10-15 days, becasue the money processing is done every ten days? WTF!? meh...

meh at this point I will just be happy to get every dime back :-/

Volkum said:
They're like the only place that actually hit me with the 'Oh you're billing address doesn't match the shipping address...blah blah blah' since I get my stuff shipped to work since nobody is home during the day (duh....most of us work too ya know). It's not a problem with Newegg or ZZZ or any other place I've ordered from at all.

Actually Newegg pulled this on me as they would not ship to the address provided as it did not match my billing address.

So yeah...

Back