Monarch Computer slowest shipper EVER

Gadfly

Limp Gawd
1 in stock part ordered with over-night shipping = 8 days to get it.... :rolleyes:

Yeah, that is ridiculous. Call and be nice about it, if they wont do anything, then become belligerent and threaten them...it might not get you anywhere, but it would be funny.

The first and only time I've ordered from Monarch, all the stuff was in stock. I ordered 2-day shipping and guess what? It took them darn near two weeks to get my stuff out of the warehouse, cram it in a box, and then send it to my house, you guessed it - 2-day air.
:mad:

I ordered the motherboard, cpu and memory in my sig through Monarch early one Monday morning (1-2:00am) and it was delivered to me on Wednesday after Monarch assembled it and tested it. Granted, I don't live that far from them but I still didn't expect it until late that week. Sounds to me like the Opteron you ordered wasn't actually in stock. Call and complain and maybe they will refund the shipping charges. Also, they have a forum that's a good place to get answers and help when ordering through them. Monarch Forums Link

Well they said that it was in fact in stock, but it has not gone to the shipping wharehouse....

got me

They're like the only place that actually hit me with the 'Oh you're billing address doesn't match the shipping address...blah blah blah' since I get my stuff shipped to work since nobody is home during the day (duh....most of us work too ya know). It's not a problem with Newegg or ZZZ or any other place I've ordered from at all.

i think it's just bad luck. I've ordered from them before without problems, my friend just ordered a cpu, mobo, and hdd last week. got it in 2 days!

It's not as bad as when I ordered a 19" monitor from newegg with two day fedex shipping, and finally got it over 50 days later.

ChingChang said:
It's not as bad as when I ordered a 19" monitor from newegg with two day fedex shipping, and finally got it over 50 days later.

I don't believe that.

And I've never ordered from Monarch, and never will from this thread.

Yup, Monarch fudged up my order too when they said the x2 4400 was in stock. It wasn't, so I cancelled my order.

I ordered from Monarch, and it took them 5 days to ship it because it wasn't in stock when I ordered it, but the web page shoed it as being in stock. I got it after about 8 days with 2 day shipping.

On the NewEgg side, that is horseshizzle. No way it took that long. They would have at least given your money back first, then you could have ordered again. NewEgg is the best place I have ordered from, as well as ZipZoomFly.

Whenever you see one part in stock, it's never there! People and computers are fallible. I've learned this over the years while ordering parts. Whenever I go to a site to order something, if it says one part in stock, I have customer service do a check to actually make sure the part is physically there. I know this doesn't work for all companies as their order desks are sometimes not even in or near the warehouse, but if you can, you should ask them to check for the part. It's basically the same as ordering auto parts over the phone. They tell you that there's one in stock. Before you go pick it up, you get them to physically check and make sure the part is there. Just adding my 2 cents...

BTW...Monarch is pretty decent. They should refund your overnight shipping costs.

VoloxitySF said:
^ don't believe that at all...
Why the fuck not?

I ordered it on the 23rd of August, with two day FedEx shipping, and rush processing. It said it shipped that day. Tracking stopped at Memphis TN. Went through a lot of shit with newegg's claims department. Two weeks later they ship another monitor. Shipping stops again at Memphis TN. A couple weeks later I give them an angry phone call and they decide to skip the claims process and ship a monitor overnight. This time it shipped from CA, and I finally got the monitor on Oct 13, 52 DAYS AFTER I ORDERED. And no, I did not get any kind of compensation for this. Not even a refund/store credit for the 2 day shipping I paid for.

Screen shots of the three invoices and the tracking are below, if you want some proof.
http://systekonline.com/users/eric/randomcrap/invoice-m1.gif
http://systekonline.com/users/eric/randomcrap/invoice-m2.gif
http://systekonline.com/users/eric/randomcrap/invoice-m3.gif
http://fedex.com/Tracking?ascend_he...717119198865+ 723412782346++ 723418573790

What now, motherfucker.

edit: I wasn't complaining about how slow newegg's processing is. They're usually good about that (claims takes awhile though). It's FedEx who fucked me. Well, at least there are two lucky guys in Memphis with brand new 19" LCD's...

WozniakMac said:
On the NewEgg side, that is horseshizzle. No way it took that long. They would have at least given your money back first, then you could have ordered again. NewEgg is the best place I have ordered from, as well as ZipZoomFly.
I don't lie like that. They didn't give my money back.

The one time I really needed something from newegg and ordered next day shipping, i didn't get it for 5 days. So i bitched them out big time on resellerratings.com and got a call within 4 hours. The guy asked what he could do to correct it and he said he would knock off 20 bucks and free shipping. Done deal :D

Monarch fucking blows at shipping, I tried getting some parts from them and waited a couple days for a tracking number and got nothing. I will buy something in a B&M store over choosing them. They could be huge, but Newegg kills them in shipping speed.

ChingChang said:
Why the fuck not?

I ordered it on the 23rd of August, with two day FedEx shipping, and rush processing. It said it shipped that day. Tracking stopped at Memphis TN. Went through a lot of shit with newegg's claims department. Two weeks later they ship another monitor. Shipping stops again at Memphis TN. A couple weeks later I give them an angry phone call and they decide to skip the claims process and ship a monitor overnight. This time it shipped from CA, and I finally got the monitor on Oct 13, 52 DAYS AFTER I ORDERED. And no, I did not get any kind of compensation for this. Not even a refund/store credit for the 2 day shipping I paid for.

Screen shots of the three invoices and the tracking are below, if you want some proof.

What now, motherfucker.

edit: I wasn't complaining about how slow newegg's processing is. They're usually good about that (claims takes awhile though). It's FedEx who fucked me. Well, at least there are two lucky guys in Memphis with brand new 19" LCD's...

OWNED

For the record, I ordered something from Monarch not too long ago and I got it in a reasonable amount of time. I chose the cheap shipping and it took the ~5 days they said it would take.

Monarch also sent me a letter explaining something about anti-fraud protection (not shipping to 3rd parties outside the US, stolen credit cards, etc). They must have run into this problem recently and had complaints about it. Maybe they are taking overcautious but necessary steps to protect themselves and you. If someone tried to fraudulently order something with my credit card and tried to ship it somewhere else, I would WANT the retailer to delay the shipment and call me to discuss it. SOMEONE JUST TRIED ORDERING SOMETHING ON YOUR CARD AND SHIPPING IT TO NIGERIA, IS THAT OK? I want to know these things!

The fact that Monarch tells FedEx to ignore signature waivers annoys the hell out of me and yes they're usually slow. CYA BS. I will say though, the OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K kit I ordered from them last month shipped the same day I ordered it. Shocked the hell out of me. But, of course, FedEx wouldn't deliver the package because I was, get this, working. LOL. Thanks Monarch! Had to pick it up at the hub.

ChingChang said:
Why the fuck not?

What now, motherfucker.

Ahhh, well see thats different. You originally made it out to sound like newegg had it on their shipping dock for two monthes, not fedex losing TWO of them.

ChingChang said:
Why the fuck not?

What now, motherfucker.

Out of curiosity, did you ever call and chew out fedex?

franke3c said:
Out of curiosity, did you ever call and chew out fedex?
Yes, I tried that before contacting Newegg. FedEx informed me that Newegg deals with claims, and that I would have to contact them.

right now with my Opterowns is the ONLY time I have ever had ANY problems with Monarch. I sent them an email on friday, and they called me over the weekend, and changed my shipping from ground to overnight! :p

will be here tommorow!!!! (well ok today actually!)

aldamon said:
The fact that Monarch tells FedEx to ignore signature waivers annoys the hell out of me and yes they're usually slow. CYA BS. I will say though, the OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K kit I ordered from them last month shipped the same day I ordered it. Shocked the hell out of me. But, of course, FedEx wouldn't deliver the package because I was, get this, working. LOL. Thanks Monarch! Had to pick it up at the hub.

Same thing happened to me. Although this was the third time I placed an order for an "In Stock" item from them that actually WAS "In Stock"
Twice earlier I had placed orders for items in stock only to not get any response from them for three days afterword. Order Status never changed from "processing" Called Customer Service and really smart sounding guy told me "Ah those are out of stock"
NEVER AGAIN will they get my money EVER!

hate to bring this old thread from the dead, but I gotta agree with some here. I ordered a simple psu from these guys on Monday and never got a shipping notice. I then emailed these guys on Thursday and they said it would ship out that day and if not that day, at the latest today, Friday. Well Friday is here and they still haven't shipped out my damn psu. Are they just lying about what they do and don't have in stock?

I ordered my Opty 165 from them on the night of the 15th, on the 16th I got an email from them about address confirmation (it came up because I spelled out Avenue, and my bank has my address as Ave. - how lame! ZZF did it too), and according to the FedEx track number they gave me, the item is on the truck for delivery right now.

When I placed the order, it was backordered with an ETA of 11/28 - and it shipped on the 16th. So you guys just got bad luck, but you can bet I'll be leaving positive feedback at RR. This is my first order with MCS.

I only ordered from monarch once, and they totally screwed me over. I ordered both graphics cards and the ram 2day air, and I finally got it 8 days later. Last time I order from them.

I order an Opty 165 last Saturday 8 days ago From Monarch. Thats the longest 2 day shipping ever!
They now have a 9.2 ratting at Resellerratings wich is bullshit. I had to e-mail them to ask the status even though after completion of my order it said when my order ships I will get a tracking number. Never did Go here to flame Monarch Computers. http://www.resellerratings.com/

Ya, I'm not too happy with Monarch. They charged me up front for an order I made that had an ETA of one month!

they are retarted i had a similar problem with my ocz memory, they said it hasnt been processed yet wtf i had paid 2 day shipping took 6 days to get to me :mad:

wow, I've never had a problem with monarch. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones....

guys monarch is selling opterons like bottled water to nomads........With somewhat limited stock they are pressuring distributors/wholesalers to keep them in stock during this feeding frenzy......I switched to Monarch from newegg.com several months back. They are closer to my house, have comparable prices and normally keep enthusiast parts in stock......Good luck to all..........

freeloader1969 said:
Whenever you see one part in stock, it's never there! People and computers are fallible. I've learned this over the years while ordering parts. Whenever I go to a site to order something, if it says one part in stock, I have customer service do a check to actually make sure the part is physically there. I know this doesn't work for all companies as their order desks are sometimes not even in or near the warehouse, but if you can, you should ask them to check for the part. It's basically the same as ordering auto parts over the phone. They tell you that there's one in stock. Before you go pick it up, you get them to physically check and make sure the part is there. Just adding my 2 cents...

BTW...Monarch is pretty decent. They should refund your overnight shipping costs.
Welcome to the 21st century of e-commerce. Purchasing orders a part, it's then forecasted in whatever ERP/MRP system you use. Accounting has access to it, as does Receiving when the order shows up, which is then...ding ding ding...received. Which then updates inventory with the correct number of parts in stock. Your website then shows the part as in stock and the number that people order will then reduce the number in your ERP/MRP system, until a threshold is reached that prompts you to reorder, which is based on run rate, availability, and length of shipping from the distributor.

However, there are still companies out there that have no idea what all of this means. Directron.com is definitely one of them.

monarch has got to be THE single worst retail store ever.. if you like saving a few bucks, go ahead and buy from them.. you might not get it for about a month but you're saving a few bucks right?? GHEY!!!

worst customer service too!

Chris_Morley said:
Welcome to the 21st century of e-commerce. Purchasing orders a part, it's then forecasted in whatever ERP/MRP system you use. Accounting has access to it, as does Receiving when the order shows up, which is then...ding ding ding...received. Which then updates inventory with the correct number of parts in stock. Your website then shows the part as in stock and the number that people order will then reduce the number in your ERP/MRP system, until a threshold is reached that prompts you to reorder, which is based on run rate, availability, and length of shipping from the distributor.

However, there are still companies out there that have no idea what all of this means. Directron.com is definitely one of them.

I don't buy that. Personly, I think they just keep shit labled as in stock to drive up sales. If something is a hot seller, they leave the "in stock" tag up on the site to keep the orders flowing in, then make up bullshit for the shipping delays.

I

Back