• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

TiltError

n00b
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
3
Hi,

I have built a portabel workstation/gaming desktop pc using the Node 202 case and two Asus MB169C+ monitors. The monitors are portable usb c monitors that get both bower and video through usb c. After long hours googling and with the help of a thread in this forum, I have managed to get these monitors working in my setup using a add-in card from Gigabyte (GC Alpine Ridge). This card only need power to work for my intentions not an actual PCI Express port. As my only PCI express port is occupied by the graphics card, I am using an regular pcie riser that is only connected to molex power and not to an actual pcie port. This is working without issues.

So finally to my question: Im looking to make this setup as portable as possible. The riser and add in card is now outside my case and is quite bulky. Do anybody know some kind of adapter/cable smaller/more compact than my current riser that can power a pcie card from molex power?

My current pcie riser: https://www.gearbest.com/cables-con...nrm9X6FlctTXAiWoMvLfo-zsKeXEtqxxoClasQAvD_BwE

I have attached some images. This whole system can fit in a bag. The cards outside of the case will be put inside a box later, but for now they are out in the open.

For anyone interested in reading how I got this working, here is the fantastic thread which helped me a lot:
https://hardforum.com/threads/use-usb-c-monitor-without-usb-c.1911817/page-2#post-1043178572

Edit: I have decied to post in the actual thread instead. This post can be deleted. (I am new to this forum and cant find a way to delete).
 

Attachments

  • 20181114_122430.jpg
    20181114_122430.jpg
    449.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20181114_122449.jpg
    20181114_122449.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20181114_122501.jpg
    20181114_122501.jpg
    475.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back
Top