MoH Warfighter Official Thread

I'm surprised the US Military is uptight about this stuff, obviously there are security risks, but you'd think the US MIlitary would be corroborating anyway, games like this is basically free recruitment advertising.

Unless the game is a piece of shit

The problem is that SEALS teams and other military special ops units have certain things that they do to avoid detection. These guys spilled the beans on those, locations they are likely to infiltrate a country at, etc. If you play the single player game you notice that the game suddenly got more technical with how to use devices for example.

So let's say we have hostages in a country and they suspect we might be sending in men to rescue them at some point. They could get some insight into how we think and prepare for it. Remember SEAL teams are usually small (less than 20 men). So even though they are highly trained, if discovered they would be killed and murdered on the spot along with the hostages. They use the element of surprise, concealment, and quiet to do their jobs.

So that's why it is important that certain things remain classified and only brought to the light if the government declassifies it. Showing everyone around the world your new toys and methods of training is only going to bring their future colleagues home in body bags. And it sure shouldn't be demo'd in a video game.

If EA wanted a more authentic experience they should have interviewed retired SEAL team members. Those guys while highly trained, don't know all of the newest techniques. But they know enough to give EA good ideas how to plan for the game. That should have been enough, but they got greedy and ruined these guy's careers. If they were to end up with a dishonorable discharge would they even get a pension? Is EA willing to hire them if they lose their jobs?

im sure a lot of terrorists are using medal of honor to research navy seal tactics. and i am sure their research would result in preventing navy seal infiltration

give me a fucking break.

im sure a lot of terrorists are using medal of honor to research navy seal tactics. and i am sure their research would result in preventing navy seal infiltration

give me a fucking break.

No, but if they've never seen a listening device before and now it's shown in the game then they know what to look for. Obviously they showed something in this MoH game that really pissed someone off high ranking in the military to end the career of 7 SEAL team members right now and more possibly in the future as they are also under scrutiny while charges are being compiled.

Sending men into situations where death is almost certain with the slightest misstep is bad enough. Then showing the enemy how they are going to arrive, where, what capabilities they posses, and how their equipment works so they can plan against it is stupid. EA should be sued and these men should be kicked out of the military.

And before you toss up the argument that it's just a game then you don't know that the US military also trains on computer simulators. It helps them to get an edge on the tactics that the enemy is using by modeling their weapons, tactics, landscape, ID citizens from military, etc.

Back