Hello.
I would like to ask for your advice on an upgrade I am considering.
I have a Dell Precision 490 workstation (used for CAD) that I would like to modify into more of a gaming PC(I would really like to play Skyrim
).
The current specs are:
Intel Xeon 5130 Dual Core @ 2GHZ 333MHZ Bus, 1.3GHZ FSB
32GB RAM FBDDR2
Geforce Quadro FX3450 SDI 256MB graphics card.
I am wondering if it would make any sense to replace the video card with lets say a GeForce GTX 550 Ti series card? Or would the fact that its a dual core 2GHZ CPU negate any benefit of the newer card? Upgrading the CPU is not something I want to do since socket 771 chips are not that common.
Thank you for your help.
I would like to ask for your advice on an upgrade I am considering.
I have a Dell Precision 490 workstation (used for CAD) that I would like to modify into more of a gaming PC(I would really like to play Skyrim
The current specs are:
Intel Xeon 5130 Dual Core @ 2GHZ 333MHZ Bus, 1.3GHZ FSB
32GB RAM FBDDR2
Geforce Quadro FX3450 SDI 256MB graphics card.
I am wondering if it would make any sense to replace the video card with lets say a GeForce GTX 550 Ti series card? Or would the fact that its a dual core 2GHZ CPU negate any benefit of the newer card? Upgrading the CPU is not something I want to do since socket 771 chips are not that common.
Thank you for your help.