Mobo pr0n

Still, I bet if you lift that heat sinks you will find underneath nothing more than crapy white silicon thermal compound.
I always lift my mobo heat sinks

I wish MOBO manufacturers would just sell the us the boards with no cooling at all. I am getting tired of all the junk they bolt on these days that sux.

I agree mullet. It's all looks and no function, just sell it bare so we can slap the good stuff on.

you notice all the waste of space and pain in the ass all those usb headers and stuff are... they gotta make it alot easier.. especial with the stupid cases with 20 tiny usb wires that you have to connect

That mobo heatsink looks cool (pun intended) and I look forward to read how Kyle and crew thinks about the performance of this board.

I wonder if they're trying to make up for something else with that massive heatsink. :)

Have tested the mobo, fsb clocking, not impressed..
cooling CERTANLY works. but well, how much more do we pay for the cooling ?. the bios worked at taht one, unlike my ma790fx-dq6 which BLOWS ass..

anywayz, thats a good mobo there, layout.. seen better, bios, Fairly good, stabilty, OFC!

Why have a slot you cannot use? It makes the already goofy looking cooling system seem llike an afterthought. Take the cooler away and the mobo design looks a bit old.

Why have a slot you cannot use? It makes the already goofy looking cooling system seem llike an afterthought. Take the cooler away and the mobo design looks a bit old.

There aren't actually any slots blocked by the cooler; they're moved down. Still seems like a complete waste to me though. A good board is made by the components it uses, not the size of its heatsinks.

you notice all the waste of space and pain in the ass all those usb headers and stuff are... they gotta make it alot easier.. especial with the stupid cases with 20 tiny usb wires that you have to connect

QFT

Please, why the hell do they have to make these headers SEPARATE and not color coded? Why don't they just STANDARDIZE the damn plugs so that everyday users and enthusiasts can just get to what they want and that is a fully functional computer system and not have to deal with plugging in USB cables, SATA I/II cables, audio and microphone headers etc?

I mean have we really lost track of the KISS concept (KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID)?

It looks like that motherboard has more cooling than my C2D CPU on stock heatsink fan

Wonder if its really that necessary to have such cooling

Damn, no love at all? I thought this was [H]ardOcp, where we cherish the outlandish and impractical. That thing is bad ass, and the slot rad is slick as hell. Sure, it may not be practical, and it's most likely completely overkill, but I'll give gigabyte props for taking the initiative to try something new. :cool:

Why is it that Companies like Thermalright, Swiftech, and Xigmatek can make chipset cooler 1/4 that size and cool 30% better? It seems like a big pile of steaming copper crap to me. And Copper ain't cheap!

Why is it that Companies like Thermalright, Swiftech, and Xigmatek can make chipset cooler 1/4 that size and cool 30% better? It seems like a big pile of steaming copper crap to me. And Copper ain't cheap!
Where are you getting your numbers?

MSI or EPOX? Text says MSI and the Video says EPOX? I thought Epox was gone.

Seems like overkill on the Massive Heatsink. At least it's not noisy little fan that will die.

Since the other board uses DDR3 can we get another one to try?

DM

LOL, he did. I had to play it back a second time to make sure.:cool:

Ya thats why I came here to see if anyone else noticed, but then I saw Kyles post with "Epox" in quotes so now I am more confused... Plus the partnumber is "EP-xxx" which might mean Epox?

lol was thinkning the same thing... maybe gigabyte bought out epox? I still use an old athlon xp epox board, never failed on me in 6 years or so... but sureley having a crazy ass radiator like that in a case would add to the heat? needs some serious airflow to shift that... something most watercooled cases lack

According to Epox's wikipedia page:
The German and Dutch subsidiaries of EPoX closed in 2007. The current status of the parent company is unclear.

I do like the cooling. More cooling = better.

Back