mobo n00b help

idk what to say

Weaksauce
so i think im geting a good deal for a gpu (225 for a 1060 6gb) but i need a mobo + cpu for it, i have a q6600 with a mobo just laying around, but is it enough to mine on since its ddr2?

thanks

can you underclock it to save electricity or is that bad to do? thanks
Even with 4 cards running (producting ~360 mhash/sec on eth) it's under 10% CPU usage, so it stands to reason that you can underclock the CPU some (though, it's immaterial compared to the power draw on the GPUs as it throttles itself back a bit).

Last edited:
Maybe I'm misreading/misunderstanding, but what cards are you running that 4 cards produces 600MH/s on Eth?

Maybe I'm misreading/misunderstanding, but what cards are you running that 4 cards produces 600MH/s on Eth?
Whoops that's more than 1 rig. There's 2x 3090 and 2x 3070 in that rig, so actually in the 360ish range - I've edited to be correct there. 600 is across the 3 rigs I run during the summer as a total number, closer to 1000 when the weather is cooler.

Even with 4 cards running (producting ~360 mhash/sec on eth) it's under 10% CPU usage, so it stands to reason that you can underclock the CPU some (though, it's immaterial compared to the power draw on the GPUs as it throttles itself back a bit).
alright thanks, do you think i shouldnt start now since crypto is going down?

alright thanks, do you think i shouldnt start now since crypto is going down?
I'm usually opposed to buying kit for the purposes of mining, however, mining is a long game. See this thread for further discussion: https://hardforum.com/threads/how-profitable-is-mining-really.1994303/

also what os should i use? and is 2gb of ram ok or should i get 4? thanks
I'm just running Windows for my mining rigs. Of course, I'm not in to the sport of ultra optimization....

Back