• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Mobo gone?

JKownz

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Nov 2, 2004
Messages
1,257
I try to start my system and everything lights up and hds come on. But no beep or post up.

All my connections are up I triple checked everything. I have a psu tester so its not that. I switched out ram, I re-seated everything cpu, vga. The lifters are on the mobo, I even took out everything that's not necessary to post. I even re-seted bios with a P5w DH Deluxe option on the mobo. What can I rule out? Can it also be the video or both rams? Or is it just the mobo is done? I don't know what to do. I cant test other hardware because I don't have another Pci-Express video card or mobo or psu laying around. I'm getting angry and frustrated, please any thoughts will be appreciated.

My computer specs are in my Signature.
 
Possibly shorting out in your case somewhere? Maybe try it outside of the case on a box or something?
 
You probably seated the CPU wrong. And damaged a PIN. Try the processor on a different motherboard. And vice versa.
 
I think imma just buy a new mobo, *fists of anger*. I pray that is the problem. :(
 
You can't see it upclose. Try what I told you to do.

I put the board on a carboard box so its not a grounding issue. I cant put the cpu in another system because i dont have another board that takes lga775's. so Im preety sure its the mobo then.
 
It could be the CPU also. I've had this exact problem before. Both were broken.
 
Got a EVGA NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI A1. Installed it and to my surprise *sarcasm* I hear the beep and I felt releved but my happiness was short lived. Im getting a led error message that says 7F on the board. Manual states that "POST error check---Check POST error and display them and ask for user intervention. Those are the exact words on the manual. It beeps once, all the lights go on again I dont see any video, I re-seated the vga switched memory sticks, checked all my connections still nothing, I also cleared Cmos from the board. I'm going to hang myself lol. What else can it be now?. I do randomy hear a long beep then two taps like this ( -------- - - ).
 
Make sure your board doesnt have a link solder point shorting on the bottom pan of the case.
 
It was the video card, I appreciate everyone that read up and posted and tried to help me. I'm going to RMA the card finally. :)
 
Got a EVGA NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI A1. Installed it and to my surprise *sarcasm* I hear the beep and I felt releved but my happiness was short lived. Im getting a led error message that says 7F on the board. Manual states that "POST error check---Check POST error and display them and ask for user intervention. Those are the exact words on the manual. It beeps once, all the lights go on again I dont see any video, I re-seated the vga switched memory sticks, checked all my connections still nothing, I also cleared Cmos from the board. I'm going to hang myself lol. What else can it be now?. I do randomy hear a long beep then two taps like this ( -------- - - ).

Code:
Award BIOS Beep Codes

1 Long, 2 Short  	 Video adapter failure  	 Bad video adapter
 
Back
Top