• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mobo CPU pairing question.

tehspoon

n00b
Joined
Feb 11, 2010
Messages
32
Hi i am in the process of building a PC right now and will be ordering parts tonight.The mobo that i picked is a,

GA-MA770T UD3P
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128392

and the CPU is the newly released Phenom x2 555
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103846

I was wondering if i would need a BIOS update in order for the cpu to work with that mobo. And if so which update would i need? Would the f5 be okay. Also is it possible to unlock cores on the f5, since i've only heard you can do them on f2c.
 
probably wont run into any issues.. though check on gigabytes site and see if they released a new bios that says anything specific about supporting the 555..
 
Yah i was debating on getting a 955 or a 555. But since the 555 is cheaper i decided on that. And maybe getting a quad with it in the process.
 
The chances of unlocking a 555 is supposed to be better, I'll tell you how it goes when mine gets here
 
Can't wait for the results of that since there arn't alot of people with the 555s yet.
 
GA-MA770T UD3P looks like a good choice for unlocking, I sold one a while back because I didn't have any DDR3 yet, now I wished I would have kept it just to play with for a minute.

Ended up getting some DDR3 in like 3 days after I sold it
 
Back
Top