Mobo can't detect Raid 0 in bios

pc1x1

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a P5WD2-E, and basically I ran Raid 0, forever, I recently just got two Western Digital 640 gig hardrives, every time I set those to raid it fails to detect. Any ideas, is there limitations on this board's raid capability, I re striped, re did, reset all settings, running out of ideas. They work fine individually.

im confused...you say you "basically I ran Raid 0 forever", then you got (2) WD 640's

a - are you trying to run another Raid0 along with the original one?
b - "every time I set those to raid it fails to detect" ....if it lets you set them, its detecting them,

This is a new Raid 0, I removed the previous drives. Setting these up just like the previous ones.

The weird thing is, if I leave them as separate drives it works. If I set them to raid, I can go on the raid utility, make the raid partition etc through Ctrl I etc, however after thats done, everytime I return to the bios, it says not detected. Whereas before it would show both drives when its just set as IDE. its really weird.

I know my mobo works with these drives as raid, as its in WD's technical documents that ICH7R was tested on my motherboard even! So not sure what could be the problem. If I leave it as normal, I installed windows etc fine.

Once you setup the RAID in the RAID bios screen, it will probably have you name the array and use that name in place of your hard drive. So if you name your RAID setup WDRAID, then the boot order will be (presumably) Optical drive -> WDRAID -> whatever else you have. That is if you have it enabled in your bios.

Back