[MNPCTech] Project: Rebel Alliance CMII

I have considered it. It's just a bit too boring to me... working on figuring out something, though.

Hmmmm.... individual fan grill covers for quad intake shroud, something like this sprocket, but imagine 1" holes with angled recessed grooves around each hole, instead of straight design on the sprocket, and add center ring design with countersink fasteners?

b_compsaa_4.jpg

we've always made our stamp on things.....and Andrew is learning to create his own path with his projects.

Last edited:
Here are screen shots of the custom water blocks and liquid channeled bridge designed by Cheapskate. The blocks will be milled from Copper with Clear acrylic cover and top plate with design inspired by X-Wing fighter wing.These are for Andrew's eVga 680 GTX Classified graphics cards.

evga_680_gtx_waterblock_quad_sli_rebel_alliance_mnpctech5.jpg

evga_680_gtx_waterblock_quad_sli_rebel_alliance_mnpctech4.jpg

evga_680_gtx_waterblock_quad_sli_rebel_alliance_mnpctech3.jpg

evga_680_gtx_waterblock_quad_sli_rebel_alliance_mnpctech2.jpg

evga_680_gtx_waterblock_quad_sli_rebel_alliance_mnpctech1.jpg

Thank you for the feedback and comments!

Mankz will be happy to see that I used 6/32 countersink drill bit for the Torx head screws on the Aquaro and installed Phoyba RGB light strip on the side...

cooler_master_cosmos_2_ii_rebel_alliance_aquaro_countersink1.jpg

cooler_master_cosmos_2_ii_rebel_alliance_aquaro_countersink2.jpg

cooler_master_cosmos_2_ii_rebel_alliance_phoyba_rgb_lights1.jpg

cooler_master_cosmos_2_ii_rebel_alliance_phoyba_rgb_lights2.jpg

cooler_master_cosmos_2_ii_rebel_alliance_phoyba_rgb_lights3.jpg

cooler_master_cosmos_2_ii_rebel_alliance_phoyba_rgb_lights4.jpg

Very nice! Bill, have you taken over this project, or just posting updates for Andrew?

I'm posting updates for Andrew atm, hes my Apprentice and currently travelling for his day time job. We're overwhelmed with jobs atm, so we'lll be subcontracting the waterblocks for the 680GTXs

Hey guys! Back again with a little update. Bill has been picking up my slack as I have started my corporate job and have been rather busy.

Aquaero Shroud -

cooler_master_cosmos_2_ultimate_gaming_pc_build_asus_aquaero_shroud1.jpg

cooler_master_cosmos_2_ultimate_gaming_pc_build_asus_aquaero_shroud2.jpg

Leak Testing Waterblocks on the Asus Rampage 4 Motherboard

cooler_master_cosmos_2_ek_waterblocks_asus_rampage_mosfet_csq_supremacy_leak_test1.jpg

cooler_master_cosmos_2_ek_waterblocks_asus_rampage_mosfet_csq_supremacy_leak_test2.jpg

cooler_master_cosmos_2_ek_waterblocks_asus_rampage_mosfet_csq_supremacy_leak_test3.jpg

cooler_master_cosmos_2_ek_waterblocks_asus_rampage_mosfet_csq_supremacy_leak_test4.jpg

On Friday, Mosquito came into the shop as volunteer camera man :thumb: so we'll be posting another video update of our progress soon. We installed the EK 480 radiator in the ceiling of the Cosmos II, I'll get photos posted soon! and the Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper Quad 120mm Radiator will go in the front

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...xoS_UT60_Full_Copper_Quad_120mm_Radiator.html

cooler_master_cosmos_2_alphacool_copper_core_copper_screws_480_radiator1.jpg

I liked the Copper fasteners they include!

cooler_master_cosmos_2_alphacool_copper_core_copper_screws_480_radiator.jpg

Andrew and I installed the EK 480 radiator with the 120mm Typhoon cooling fans. The EK Reservoir caps, Radiator shroud and Typhoon blades were painted in the same Grey and Red paint, used to paint the exterior of the Cosmos II case. We'll have another update soon!

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_alphacool_360_480_copper_typhoon_fans_installed3.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_alphacool_360_480_copper_typhoon_fans_installed1.jpg

The goal is hiding all of the tubing out of sight.

Andrew in the workshop, he revised the connectors a bit and started routing the lines and tubing for the 480 EK radiator on top. This radiator has it's own EK Res on top, the other EK Res will connect to the front 480 for the quad 680GTXs. I recorded his progress for Part 3 of the videos highlighting his build, that will be posted HERE. Notice there is no cable holes in the MB tray for the ASUS Rampage IV, the lutro0 individually sleeved cables will curl and tuck under the MB. The Typhoon fans were painted to match the red on the exterior of the case.

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_alphacool_360_480_copper_radiator_ultimate_gaming_haswell_andrew1.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_alphacool_360_480_copper_radiator_ultimate_gaming_haswell_andrew2.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_alphacool_360_480_copper_radiator_ultimate_gaming_haswell_andrew3.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_alphacool_360_480_copper_radiator_ultimate_gaming_haswell_andrew4.jpg

Update on Andrew's Intern build, I sent our files for the four water blocks to another shop for Quote, I don't know if you heard recent Mod Zoo Podcast, but I mentioned in Opening, that last quote we got for four 680 GTX Classified water block assemblies to be made, was $5,500...Higher than we expected, but Mnpctech can't make the blocks, since their machines are tied to retail part commitments for this year.... So, as it stands, if this other shop's Quote is too much, Andrew is considering selling off his four 680 GTX classifieds for $550 apiece, shipped....He will purchase different video cards and use retail blocks, which would most likely be from EK.

Andrew and I have been busy, but haven't forgotten about sharing updates. We've got gap between production runs coming up and Cheaps offered to make the acrylic covers, so looks like we'll be back on track soon! crossing fingers and Roboduck offered his help in rendering the front intake shroud for the Cosmos II.

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_alphacool_360_480_copper_radiator_ultimate_gaming_haswell_front_intake_stage3.jpg

Indeed, looking forward to see more of your wonderful work!

Here is what the Clear side panel looks like installed on the Cosmos II. It's cnc machined from .5" thick Chemcast Cast Acrylic with two 120mm fan holes with fastener holes for your own fan grills.

FrozenCPU is offering Cosmos II Clear Side Panel that was made by Mnpctech

cst-1403.jpg

cooler_master_cosmos_2_ii_window_clear_panel_door_mnpctech_rebel2.jpg

cooler_master_cosmos_2_ii_window_clear_panel_door_mnpctech_rebel3.jpg

video screen shot, of the backside of front bezel being milled, we're in the shop right now... I'll have better pics posted soon..

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_alphacool_360_480_copper_radiator_ultimate_gaming_haswell_front_intake_cnc_mill1.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_alphacool_360_480_copper_radiator_ultimate_gaming_haswell_front_intake_cnc_mill2.jpg

Roboduck's rendering the front intake shroud for the Cosmos II.
cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_alphacool_360_480_copper_radiator_ultimate_gaming_haswell_front_intake_stage3.jpg

Thanks Lefty! Payment plans make it easier to swallow the expense... we sold two of the 680s, only two more to go!

Milling the front 480 radiator grill bezel from 1.5" thick block of 6061 billet. The backside has been hollowed out, to save weight.

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_alphacool_360_480_copper_radiator_ultimate_gaming_haswell_front_grill1.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_alphacool_360_480_copper_radiator_ultimate_gaming_haswell_front_grill1a.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_alphacool_360_480_copper_radiator_ultimate_gaming_haswell_front_grill2.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_alphacool_360_480_copper_radiator_ultimate_gaming_haswell_front_grill4.jpg

holly shit. How much did that cost? I was looking into some 6061 and even going .25 inch sheets was ridiculously priced. That said, that does look fucking awesome.

Wow that is beautiful right there. Please tell me you are not going to paint it, I think it looks perfect the way it is.

Thanks for the comments and feedback guys! It does look nice in silver, but contrasts terribly with the custom paint

I see I'm not the only one asking that question Bill ha ha you just have to be there I guess. Is the cell phone control still going to be apart of this?

Great question Mike, I'll have to ask Andrew. He supposed to be coming into the workshop this week, so I should have some updates posted soon.

Sorry about the delay with updates gang!

Great question Mike, I'll have to ask Andrew. He supposed to be coming into the workshop this week, so I should have some updates posted soon.

Sorry about the delay with updates gang!

idk, but I say take all the time you need if the future updates are going to be even close to as Epic as the ones so far!!!
Some very NICE work you guys do over there...:D

Back