ML120 Pro's vs LL120's

daphatgrant

Fi-yah!
Staff member
I'm finalizing a build and am trying to decide between Corsair ML120 Pro's and LL120's. I'll be running 9 fans (PC-O11D), 6 as intakes and 3 as exhaust. 3 intakes will be on a 360aio in a pull configuration, 3 as regular intakes and 3 as regular exhausts. I'll lower the speed on the 3 strictly intake fans to not completely blow up the case.

Thoughts on ML vs LL?

I prefer the ml for radiators but then I run 60mm thick or more. The white ll120 whatever reason have a higher static pressure.

FWIW, I tried to use LL140's on my H115i Pro by themselves and it was a no go. Temps were awful in push or pull. Put the LL's on push and some other fans on pull and temps were still awful. I wound up going with ML140's push and just using the LL's in pull with the radiator top mounted instead.

That said these are 140's and not 120's, the non-white LL's and you have more rad space. But in my situation, the LL's were awful on rad duty, even in push\pull. I'm talking over 10 degrees difference on load, and Im really wanting to say at low fan speeds it was closer to 15 degrees.

I use the ML series on my rad in push config. Temps and noise have both been great. No experience with the LL fans.

I replaced all of my case fans with MLs - they're wonderful. I would at least use the MLs as case exhaust for sure. They really shine when their silence isn't affected by the sound of air turbulence. YMMV, but I love them (my 3 case fans are 140 MLs currently). I was previously a Noctua Tart, but those have been moved to kids' machines. (Because I pay the bills, dangit)

I did have the MLs on my H115i non-pro in a push config when I was using that (before returning to normal air cooling). They were fine. I felt they may have been overkill, and probably other solid fans might do as well there. One of the main perks of the MLs is silence - but forcing air through a grille will produce turbulence noise either way. It may be a different equation in a push-pull at lower RPMs - but I have no direct experience there.

From my experience, there is little downside aside from cost. They're great, but not precisely cheap. They absolutely kill it as case fans. I am less sure of cost-benefit in a radiator.

Back