Mixing PCI and PCI-E Cards

ShadeZeRO

Limp Gawd
Is anyone else having issues with stablity when it comes to Mixing a PCI-E and a PCI video card?

I have a 3 monitor setup, but things get unstable when I add my PCI card into the mix.

Another issue could be that you are over taxing your PSU. Unlikely, but it's a possibility.

I've never had a issue. Are you running a Nvidia and ATI card?

Negative sir, Running both Nvidia (and Evga)

Which PCI card are you trying to use?

eVga Nvidia 6200 PCI (512mb, NV44)

Another issue could be that you are over taxing your PSU. Unlikely, but it's a possibility.

650w PSU. Should handle all that I have in it.

PCI has a 25W hard limit, iirc.
PCI Cards:
--> PCI-E - GTX275
--> PCI - Nvidia 6200
--> PCI-E - Dell Perc 5/i SAS RAID Controller
--> PCI - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
--> PCI Slot - FREE

Yeah, PCI has a 25W per slot limit.

Can you run just the PCI card? (too see if it's the card, or the setup that is causing the issue).

Also, are you using the latest forceware release? <-- it supports the 6200, I was going to go somewhere with this, but 191.xx supports both cards.

Yeah, PCI has a 25W per slot limit.

Can you run just the PCI card? (too see if it's the card, or the setup that is causing the issue).

Also, are you using the latest forceware release? <-- it supports the 6200, I was going to go somewhere with this, but 191.xx supports both cards.

Sounds like alot of work espcially with the possibility to fux up the raid setup.... easier to test another pci video card or try that one in another pc.

Oops!

I meant:

run the card without the presence of the GTX275 inside.

But come to think of it, running JUST the PCI card (remove the Audio card) from the PCI slots (they have shared bandwidth :eek:) would help narrow it down. You can keep the RAID card in, of course.

Also, disabling the IRQ of any unneeded devices, like an unused printer port, Serial COM port, etc might help, too.

Back