• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Missing Clips on P4 HS

eetoi

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 5, 2005
Messages
74
I'm about to switch from a socket A mobo to a socket 478 (don't make fun, I'm on a budget :( ) and I got this decent heatsink from my cousin:

36e51eec.jpg

c9d938d1.jpg

6a35a82c.jpg


The problem (and also the reason he let me have it) is that the clips are missing. I can easily lap and rig a fan, but should I make custom clips? Or like, a custom bracket to mount into the four holes with screws insulation against the board like some of the other coolers? Any feedback appreciated. And no, I don't want to buy a new hsf :D
 
Dont bother making custom bracket or anything wastes your time with which you could be earning more money to get a new hsf:D
Just go and earn some cash for say an XP-90 or if u can stretch your budget this far ;)

get SI-120
 
I have a Jet4 that has a similar base to that. It's not really that great of a cooler. You're better off getting a XP-90 for $25 from www.svc.com or something like that.
 
Back
Top