Minnesota/Twin Citie Gamers?

I don't think I'll be able to make it this Saturday, have some previous obligations. Hopefully I can get back into the LANs soon.

So, the LAN this weekend went very well. RJ's new place is HUGE! We had 10 - 12 people and could easily have another 8 or even more. What we'd like to do is find an October date everyone can agree on and try to get more people. Post what Saturday in October works best for you. The 10th doesn't work for me, but any other Saturday should... ;)

Well the temperature sure dropped since Saturday. Football or gaming weather.

Could you give me an overview of a normal LAN day? I'm in St Paul.

An overview? Sure thing. We get to the party at the suggested time and get the tables, chairs and computers all setup. We start up whatever game we all agree to (either CoD3 or FEAR combat usually) and game while the stragglers arrive and setup. If we get bored we switch games. When it gets to 4 - 6, we grill out or order pizzas and sit and BS while we eat. Then we get back to playing games until it's time to leave around 9 or so. The games we normally play, other then the two metioned, are UT3 or UT2004 and we've played ET:QW, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142 and more. We'll probably be testing some new games soon, to see if we can find anything to add to our normal games. We usually have anywhere from 12 - 16 people attend, so it's a smaller LAN, but a lot of fun. PM me if you need more info... ;)

Okay, totally forgot to post here. We have a LAN party coming up this Saturday at RJ's place. If anyone would like to attend who hasn't already received an invitation, PM me and I'll send you the details... :D

Looks like me Mike and I are making it to this one! Should be fun, especially w/ all the new games out. Hoping we can get some MW2 and L4D2 going? Maybe Demigod?

Hopefully the crocked versions of MW2 and L4D2 will work on LAN? I'll see if I can try those friday night.

Last edited:
Okay all, time for a new LAN party! :D

February 6th is the date, RJ's is the place. I sent an invitation out to the usual suspects. If you didn't get one, let me know.

EDIT: in case someone didn't get the invitation, RJ is staying at a new place right now. If you don't have the address, make sure you email me to get it.

Last edited:
Just checking - the address in the invite is the place RJ is staying? What did he do, burn down his new place :)??

I'm going, and so is Mike.

I understand he's having some work done to his place in Cambridge, so he's staying elsewhere temporarily. Glad to hear you guys will be there! :)

yea it should be fun. im really wanting to try some new games. ive been playing Demigod in small lans lately and it is sooooo fun. i really want to organize and try it at this lan if possible. i even have a 75 percent off coupon for someone if they want it.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

You're welcome to give one of our LAN parties a try. You're not far from me as I'm in Inver Grove Heights. We're doing our LAN's at a place in New Brighton right now, but it's not a bad drive. About 30 minutes for me or so, but the house is large and can accommodate quite a few people.

What up guys? We haven't had a LAN party in a while and I wanted to see if there was any interest in getting one setup? Sometime at the end of this month, or early to mid June? What's everyone's calendar look like? Post your dates and we'll get something going... ;)

I think most weekends this month would work for me. First weekend of June is out, though.

Looking forward to the next LAN, got a new 5850 to game with, as well as BC2.

I'll email Pnut to see what he thinks. This weekend is Mother's Day and the weekend after I have plans, but maybe the weekend after that?

Memorial weekend is no go for me since I"ll be flying to PA to visit my fiancee, I guess mid June will work out well since I won't have any plans to head out of town. I'm hoping to meet some people before I move to D.C

Sorry I'm posting this so late, but we want to have a LAN party at RJ's this Saturday. Please post if you can make it!

cant make it this weekend, got boy scout camp.

You're a boy scout huh? I'm an Eagle Scout from Troop 433 over in Minot, ND in Northern Lights Council back in heydays. I remember going to Camp Wilderness, Tomahawk Scout Ranch and another camp over in Black Hills in South Dakota. And went to the 2001 Jamboree. I'm def putting my future kids in scouting program :D Well hope the camp went well!

I'm a 1981 eagle scout from troop 184, Indianapolis, IN. Didn't get to the camps you all did, since I was in another state. Had my son in cub scouts, but he bailed right before Boy Scouts. Wish like crazy he'd stayed in...

So, RJ is all moved back into his rebuilt house and we're looking to have a LAN party there on the 25th of this month. Please post if you can make it! :D

Sorry to hear Mike won't be able to make it, but glad to hear you can. So far we have 7 or 8 people confirmed. Hopefully we can get a few more... :D

Sorry to hear Mike won't be able to make it, but glad to hear you can. So far we have 7 or 8 people confirmed. Hopefully we can get a few more... :D

what games are we planning to play? i may have someone new showimg up, he wants to know what games to get.

I never had his address and need it as well please, pm will do!

aww didnt notice this thread... im just east of the twin city area. : ( just had a big lan last weekend with friends though... we normally get 8-12 so if you need a few people to fill up a gigabyte switch let me know ; )

Last edited:
my son and i will be there about 2pm. really looking forward to it!

Back