Minnesota/Twin Citie Gamers?

So, how did it turn out? Sorry I wasn't able to make it, but I had a really close friend in town and spent most of the day with him before he flew home. Did we get a decent turnout?

KaizerDan: You and any of your friends are welcome any time... :D

It was really fun. We had a pretty small turnout - 7. We played L4D2, and then when we dropped to 6, we played Demigod. Demigod was a total blast.

yep was a good time, demigod was pretty fun...too bad i dont know how to play l4d2 or demigod very well!

I also got an email today saying demigod is only 5.99 for those interested.

Yup, still kicking...

I really need to watch it a bit more often though...

Been well over a year (or two....) since I have done a LAN party, probably well overdue...

Anyone have a request? I have plans on Dec.4, but aside from that I'm pretty well open. Post dates if you're interested... ;)

Okay, I just sent out the invite a few minutes ago, but in case you don't check your email often or aren't on the invite list just yet, we're thinking about December 11th for the next LAN party. What do you guys think?

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this time. I was planning on coming, but ran into a medical issue at the last second. :(

Yay, no fun for me!

Sorry to hear that. Also, I've been watching the weather and it looks like another major snowstorm is heading our way tomorrow. I'm thinking we may have to cancel...

Sorry guys, LAN party for tomorrow is canceled. We're supposed to get a lot of snow, so better safe then sorry. Start thinking of a good weekend in January we can try for! ;)

Yeah, that would have been a disaster lol, look forward to the next one.

Lol spent the night having a little lan with some friends. Nothing like starcraft2 and Badcompany2 in a blizzard! 4X4 was a must though...

Alright everyone, who's up for a February LAN? Any dates sound good? The 19th is the only date that's bad for me, but any other Saturday works. What about everyone else?

Hey I just spotted this thread and thought I would check in, never done a LAN party myself but it sounds like a fun time, not that my rig is very portable, hehe. I'm in Farmington.

If you're interested, PM me with your email address and I'll send you the address of where we'll be. You're more then welcome to come and check things out. Even if you want to come without a PC and meet us and hang out, that's cool as well.

We play at someones house, but it's a big house. I believe we've had up to 20 players or so at one point and I'm pretty sure his place will accommodate more. If Pnut is reading this thread, perhaps he'll throw a guess as to how many he thinks we could cram into his casa... ;)

good deal. Looks like Mike and myself are coming. Get to show off my new stuff, too! New motherboard, 8 GB RAM, SSD.

Okay folks, who is ready for another LAN Party? Looking to get a date setup for April. Let me know what works for ya :)

broke up with the gf so my time has become more free lol, most of april can be scheduled for me

Just a note to all LANers - Last time we talked about trying to find a new game that would be fun for the next LAN party. We were looking for cheap so everyone could buy it, and could accomodate both small and large amounts of people.

It was mentioned that Monday Night Combat might be a good choice - and it's on sale this weekend on STEAM. $10. It also is a free weekend, so you can try it before you buy it. May be worth a look?

Bummer, I missed out on this deal. Will have to either pick it up at full price or wait and see what it looks like when you guys play it next time. So, anyone have any ideas what dates work for them?

April 16th is looking pretty good for me I think, others? I know most of us have left for dead 2 right now, with there being a mix of younger and us older guys I find us older types arent always on top of the latest iterations (like bf 2 etc)

I went and got a four pack of Monday Night Combat, gave them away to Mike, my son, and brother. We've all got 1- 3 day guest pass good for 30 days, so if we have the LAN in the right timeframe, I've got at least 3 of these to give. That'll get us six people right there.

We could also consider all installing a free game like League of Legends, though the game-style is not for everyone.

I'm pretty open as far as the date goes, just call it and let me know.

Not sure, havent heard from anyone which is strange as we usually have lots of replies...must be the sunshiny weather!

Sorry guys, I've been busy with other things. April doesn't look very good to me due to lacrosse games with the Swarm and personal things going on. RJ probably has no problem, so if you suggest something he would probably be interested. Otherwise, maybe we could shoot for mid-May? Say the 14th?

Whats up from Hugo, MN. If you guys remember DC computer mods and gaming's old lan parties, or Red Sector (More recent) Then you know who I am. Lemme know what people are planning. I am sure we can get something setup!

Hey, welcome to the thread.

Well, since no one has posted an alternative date, let's see if we can make May 14th a solid plan. We have someone with a large house that we setup in and game for several hours, depending on what's going on. We either grill out or order pizza/chinese, depending on the weather. Anyone who has problems with the 14th, let me know.

ChRoNo16, you're more then welcome to attend this event. Just send me a PM if you're interested and I'll send you address and any other info you'll need.

Whats up from Hugo, MN. If you guys remember DC computer mods and gaming's old lan parties, or Red Sector (More recent) Then you know who I am. Lemme know what people are planning. I am sure we can get something setup!

Im trying to think way back...maybe 10 years ago or so and I went to some lans under a movie theatre or something that were organized by hardforum members on several occassions. Not sure if that was you though.

15th is a maybe for me, this is prime backpacking season so trips can come up suddenly. If the weather is so so or I have no trip planned I will definitely come.

Back