Mining Rigs freeze Problem

firestone

n00b
Hello Together
I´m new here. I hope someone can help me. I have trouble with my mining rigs and I don´t know why.
Here are the hardware

1. Rig
1 * Asrock H110+ Pro BTC
1 * G3930 Intel Prozessor
1 * 4GB Ram
1 * 1200 Watt Power Seasonic
6 * Riser Cards
6 * AMD Radeon RX 570
1 * 128 GB Sata
(First i Tried with 8 GPU´s but I think 1200 Watt is to low for 8 GPU´s so I removed 2 GPU´s)

2. Rig
1 * Asus Mining Expert B250
1 * 4GB Ram
6 * Riser Cards
6 * AMD Radeon RX 570
1 * 128 GB Sata

Both Rigs are freezing when I try to start them (only start the Rig without mining or anything). I tried anything to run with Ubuntu, Windows 10, NiceOS.
What could be the reason ? Not enough RAM (?), Not enough Power (?) , CPU not good (?), I am grateful for any tip

Kind Regards Fireli

I'd suggest having 1 card installed, setup Window 10, setup a profile with MSI Afterburner, and then start adding cards after you have it running.

Also, make sure to install Window as GPT not MBR, latest AMD drivers have gpu limits at 5 cards if booted in legacy mode.

Hello Together
I´m new here. I hope someone can help me. I have trouble with my mining rigs and I don´t know why.
Here are the hardware

1. Rig
1 * Asrock H110+ Pro BTC
1 * 4GB Ram
6 * Riser Cards
6 * AMD Radeon RX 570
1 * 128 GB Sata
(First i Tried with 8 GPU´s but I think 1200 Watt is to low for 8 GPU´s so I removed 2 GPU´s)

2. Rig
1 * Asus Mining Expert B250
1 * 4GB Ram
6 * Riser Cards
6 * AMD Radeon RX 570
1 * 128 GB Sata

Both Rigs are freezing when I try to start them (only start the Rig without mining or anything). I tried anything to run with Ubuntu, Windows 10, NiceOS.
What could be the reason ? Not enough RAM (?), Not enough Power (?) , CPU not good (?), I am grateful for any tip

Kind Regards Fireli
Remove all of the risers and install the radeons one by one into the full-length PCI-E slot, test them all one by one, to see if it's a card problem (which is very likely, they are old). If the cards all check out, then install a riser and one working card, and test the risers one by one. Luckily, all of the hardware that needs testing is the same so you can do it twice as fast, as in, test on each system in parallel.

yes - as the others have said - disconnect everything. Add one card at a time and mine a day each, until you find the error. Probably a bad riser. COULD be a underperforming/overtaxed power supply. COULD be a particular video card driver, or custom BIOS issue, COULD be that your page file isn't set to the combined total of all your VRAM. (Windows 10 issue).

I've run into all of the above... (and more). But these are the most common.

Back