Mining on your primary use machine? Who does it?

Archaea

[H]F Junkie
I have not mined on my primary use machine traditionally, and am generally against doing so due to concerns about closed code we can't see - virus/malware etc.

I have a dedicated mining machine (only crypto mining, local login account, no important passwords EVER used, etc), and a primary use machine (banking/crypto wallets/general use etc)

Lately I've been physically moving my 3080 gaming card back and forth from my primary machine to my mining machine once a day or so to play CyberPunk. Since the card makes close to $10 a day I want it working when I'm not gaming. Obviously I'd rather not do this...
Does anyone have a single pieced of software/algorithm they trust and have a positive history with? I was considering installing TREX Eth Miner on my primary use machine and just mining ETH to MPH, but decided not to when I was reading through their GitHub documentation and it said we advise not installing mining software on your primary use machine. I mean, even the first party TREX maintainer states that.

I could use Excavator, but it can only mine to NiceHash pools - which is okay I guess, but I'd prefer to mine to MPH.

At the end of the day. One cards gains are NOT worth risking ID theft, crypto wallet stolen etc...

Thoughts? Comfort level?

I do have Minerstat mining ETH on my only comp, while working on it 8h a day, instead of 115 MH/S i have 105 or even 90 when Youtube is running, I dont have any antivirus thingy, I accept consequences
my 2 cents

ANARCHY44

n00b
I use nice hash on my primary rig, but I have 2FA on pretty much everything. I run HIVEOS on my dedicated mining rigs.

Nebell

[H]ard|Gawd
I also mine with my primary and only machine. I learned my lesson with 13 GPUs, I could barely breathe during the summers.
About $4.5/day (2080 Ti), which is fine, pays for internet and electricity per month, at least so far :)

I use Nicehash. A bit hard to get a hold of my banking account as they will need my phone as well and if someone does, there isn't much there anyway, lol.

vegeta535

Supreme [H]ardness
I started using nicehash Sunday on my 3080. I get about $8-10 a day from it.

sk3tch

[H]ard|Gawd
I only mine (hash) on "primary" rigs. I have 3 boxes - one is my son's (X99), one is mine (Z390), and one is my "old" gaming box (X99) that now run's VMware's free Hypervisor. I successfully passed a 3080 through via PCI passthrough to a virtual Win10 Pro box and that's my 3rd rig. I have PCIe risers (Ubit) but I haven't been able to procure any 3060 Ti's which I'd use those with.

I am just doing the "easy button" - NiceHash to Coinbase so the risk is minimized. I have a Fortinet FortiGate firewall and I SPAN all of my network traffic and do deep packet inspection and malware sandboxing on it (along with having STIX threat intel to highlight known-bad stuff). So far, so good.