Minimum watts fore core i7, nothing else...

provoko

Gawd
It should be fine, but you wouldn't have much headroom. Also make sure the psu is at least half decent.

Yea, anyone know what PSU inwin uses? I can't find any info on the cases 200w PSU.

Well it's probably a Inwin/Powerman built PSU considering that it's an Inwin case. More than likely of low quality, especially for the price.

It's a TFX style PSU. No info whatsoever on the amperage layout on that PSU. However if it's anything like this Inwin TFX 300W PSU, the +12V rating could be 80% of the rated wattage. So about 160W of that 200W PSU could be dedicated on the +12V rail. Assuming that's true, that'll leave about 65W for the mobo, fans, etc. So try to use a SSD or laptop drive to cut down on power usage.

But again, this is all just a guesstimate. For all we know, that 200W could only have 120W on the +12V rail.

Last edited:
Your not going to have any graphics with an i7-860 unless you buy a dedicated card. Just a heads up

Your not going to have any graphics with an i7-860 unless you buy a dedicated card. Just a heads up

You're right. Didn't even notice that. Hmm that 200W PSU would be cutting it close, even with a low power video card.

Cool, I didn't even know they made little PSUs, thank you very much.

DAMMIT! Zotac should have been clear, it's almost misleading, their site and product PDF clearly states "FEATURES Intel HD graphics". Bastards for lying. Ok, so I might go with an i3 with with video or a completely different motherboard, most likely a different motherboard. Thanks for the heads up.

Check out FSP Group - they make some of the best supplies out there, along with Corsair/Seasonic and PCP&C.
FSP Group PSUs aren't remotely near what I would call the best out there, and they certainly don't rank as high as Seasonic, CWT, Enhance, Enermax, etc. Also, Corsair and Seasonic are not the same thing, and PCP&C does not make any PSUs.

DAMMIT! Zotac should have been clear, it's almost misleading, their site and product PDF clearly states "FEATURES Intel HD graphics". Bastards for lying. Ok, so I might go with an i3 with with video or a completely different motherboard, most likely a different motherboard. Thanks for the heads up.

In fact, there is currently no motherboard which allows you to use both in i7-8xx series or an i5-7xx series processor and onboard graphics simultaneously (or put it this way, all of the Lynnfield processors require a separate discrete graphics card). The onboard graphics interface on the H55, H57 and Q57 chipsets requires a CPU with its own integrated graphics controller. Currently, only the i3 processor and the i5-6xx series processors have this feature. The less-desirable Pentium G6xxx and Celeron G1xxx series processors also have an integrated graphics controller.

FSP Group PSUs aren't remotely near what I would call the best out there, and they certainly don't rank as high as Seasonic, CWT, Enhance, Enermax, etc. Also, Corsair and Seasonic are not the same thing, and PCP&C does not make any PSUs.
Unless something has changed in the last several months, Fortron/FSP used to be one of the reputable brands in the game. Also, Corsair sources their PSUs from Seasonic, which is why I consider them "equal".

As far as PC Power & Cooling not making power supplies...

http://www.pcpower.com/products/power_supplies/

Unless something has changed in the last several months, Fortron/FSP used to be one of the reputable brands in the game. Also, Corsair sources their PSUs from Seasonic, which is why I consider them "equal".

As far as PC Power & Cooling not making power supplies...

http://www.pcpower.com/products/power_supplies/
FSP used to make decent lower-end units, but they haven't produced anything particularly impressive in the last ten years if not more. Their main Epsilon platform which was used in their highest-end units had major design flaws which were only corrected recently, but even now it's still just a mediocre group-regulated design with pretty good efficiency.

Corsair does not source all their PSUs from Seasonic. In fact, the only ones made by Seasonic are the CX400, VX450, TX650, and HX650. Everything else is made by CWT.

PCP&C does not make power supplies. They used to sell power supplies, but right now they aren't doing much of anything. However, they are not and never were a manufacturer.

FSP used to make decent lower-end units, but they haven't produced anything particularly impressive in the last ten years if not more. Their main Epsilon platform which was used in their highest-end units had major design flaws which were only corrected recently, but even now it's still just a mediocre group-regulated design with pretty good efficiency.

Corsair does not source all their PSUs from Seasonic. In fact, the only ones made by Seasonic are the CX400, VX450, TX650, and HX650. Everything else is made by CWT.

PCP&C does not make power supplies. They used to sell power supplies, but right now they aren't doing much of anything. However, they are not and never were a manufacturer.

As Zero82z said, like most PSU companies out there, PC P&C do not make PSUs. Just like Corsair, Antec, Enermax, etc. PC P&C's Silencer line comes from Seasonic.
I stand corrected then. :)

Back