Mini PCI-e Wireless N

DeadlyAura

Supreme [H]ardness
My brother is looking for a Mini PCI-e Wireless N card for his laptop.

Card dimensions are 1.2"x2".

He found this card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833106063

But we aren't sure what Draft-N is, or if it will work reliably. This happens to be the only card we can find that has the correct dimensions for his application.

Any thoughts?

Many laptops wont just take any mini-pcie wireless card. He may want to shop for a card specific to his model or at least manufacturer and similar systems.

ur page link is busted

and yes the laptop should take any mini PCI-e wireless card as they are pretty much all the same (Intel does not make difference sized cards for different machines for example). Drat-N will work just fine and the card prolly has new drivers for the final specs

you have two choices for cards

half lenght like this one (this is what most laptops take

430-3133.jpg

or full lenght (sort of like this
430-3342.JPG

Last edited:
Many laptops wont just take any mini-pcie wireless card. He may want to shop for a card specific to his model or at least manufacturer and similar systems.

Found that out the hard way.

The card that he ordered isn't supported. He called HP to buy one directly, but they don't make an N card for that model laptop. :rolleyes:

My old thinkpad would complain if I installed a mini-pci wireless card other than the Cisco that came installed in it. Something to do with FCC certifications, I suppose. I tried swapping it with a "G" card from a dead machine, but it wouldn't let it work.

Back