• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Mini-Itx PS suggestions

Superjoe

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
1,311
I'm gutting my Acer EasyStore mini-server and looking for new power supplies. Apparently this things uses a specific connector that renders it incompatible if I move to a new motherboard (e-350 in this case)

Any suggestions would be awesome because nothing is getting rave reviews at newegg.


Thanks!
 
I have been planning a E350 build myself for some time.
My plan has been to use one of the PICO PSU's from Minibox.com.

essentially the are a tiny DC-DC PSU that you connect up to an external 12V power brick. it doesn't get much more power efficient for low power systems than that.

Since the E350 boards need a 12V ATX connector, I think this PICO-PSU-90 is the one to get, as it is one of the few ones that have it.

Then in addition to that I'd get this 60W power brick. or use a spare old laptop one if you have one laying around.

That ought to be very efficient. May need some customization for the install to make it neat though, but it should be minimal.

I am not familiar with the Acer Easystore but they also sell PCI sized brackets you can mount the 12V connector to.

I haven't used one yet, so I can't give it a personal endorsement, but the people at the Silent PC review forums seem to really like these for their low powered silent builds.
 
Back
Top