Mini-ITX LGA1366 Mobo?

Ark :o

Limp Gawd
I've looked all over trying to find out if there's any Mini-ITX 1366 boards on the horizon but I haven't been able to find anything aside from a Shuttle barebone. So, I figured I'd ask those in the know. Has anyone seen/heard of such a board being developed?

Thanks ahead of time!

The smallest motherboard that I know is Micro-atx for 1366 and since SB socket is coming out soon I would think that Intel would stop supporting 1366

No. The platform shares the same issues as making mITX AM3 mobos - too many chips required, too many slots nominally required (triple channel ram), too much power required (130W, minimum).

Even if it could be crammed on what would be the point? with only one expansion slot position (which you would probablly HAVE to fill with a graphics card) and limited space for things like memory slots you couldn't really take advantage of x58's features.

I guess you can get faster processors in LGA1366 but would you really want to put those processors in a mini-itx build.

The shuttle boards are bigger than mini-itx giving them space to actually use the triple channel memory (though there are only four slots total so if you max out the memory you end up with an unbalanced configuration) and to put two full x16 slots.

Back