Mini-ITX case that can fit a Power Supply and PCIe

myren

Limp Gawd
Any suggestions for a Mini-ITX case that can fit a power supply and decent sized video card? I dont know a good place to scope this, at best I can find some acceptable MicroATX cases.

uh.. what size power supply, what board, and what PCIe card?

Three point fwo four oh by seven dot three seven nine six two one.....

A stock 8800GTS, a power supply that can run it, and a motherboard conforming to Micro-ITX 2.0 that can run the above. I'll make my build around the case, but I havent found any cases even ballpark what I'm looking for. Most of them have like 120w PS's and no PCI slots; maybe thats ok for HTPC but I want to build the smallest gaming PC possible.

It drives me nuts but I think a normal ATX power supply is really the only thing that will do. There are some 350w small power supplies, but afaik they're mostly crappy loud and inefficient, and probably 350w wouldnt be adequate anyways.

I think you're asking for too much.

Mini-ITX? Ok.
8800GTS? Ok.
Mini-ITX case that fits ATX PSUs and full length cards? No.

It just doesn't work like that (as far as I know). The only alternative is to build your own case to make it as small as possible.

Well, the closest thing you might find is a shuttle size case. Other than that, you're going to have to go with something custom built, or a micro-ATX mini-tower.

use this

mini_itx1.jpg

mini_itx2.jpg

It would help if you told us the name of that case.

But that case wouldn't work anyway since the 8800GTS is a double slot card and that case only has room for one slot. Though if you cut out about half the side of the case, you can probably fit in the 8800GTS.

Ah yes, forgot the GTS was dual slot. That is more exotic than I intended.

Yeah, this is madly open ended. Unfortunately I dont have any exact questions at this time, still very much in a discovery phase.

Back