Hello all
hope some of you wont mind looking over a first-time builders specs.
I should start by saying that I'm well-aware that this is a low-end system. The computer will mainly be used by my wife for office apps and Web surfing, it will probably never see any games. Provided this goes well, I will be building a gaming rig in a month or two. Anyway, Im just wondering if this bird is gonna fly, or if I just havent made the smartest choices for this kind of box.
I havent listed any peripherals because Im really just concerned with the main components. Here they are:
Case: Antec Solution Series Black ATX Mid Tower Case, Model "SLK3000-B"
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=11-129-152&depa=0
Power Supply: Antec Original 300W ATX12V Power Supply, Model "SL300S"
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-103-917&depa=0
Processor: AMD Sempron 2500+ 1.750GHz, Socket A Processor
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-104-211&depa=0
RAM: Corsair Value Select Dual Kits 184 Pin 512MB(256MBx2) DDR PC-3200
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-477&depa=0
Motherboard: CHAINTECH "7NJL6" nForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-152-045&depa=0
Video Card: CHAINTECH nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-145-095&depa=0
- will also contain the usual assortment of drives(1 hard drive, 1 DVD, 1 floppy)
I should start by saying that I'm well-aware that this is a low-end system. The computer will mainly be used by my wife for office apps and Web surfing, it will probably never see any games. Provided this goes well, I will be building a gaming rig in a month or two. Anyway, Im just wondering if this bird is gonna fly, or if I just havent made the smartest choices for this kind of box.
I havent listed any peripherals because Im really just concerned with the main components. Here they are:
Case: Antec Solution Series Black ATX Mid Tower Case, Model "SLK3000-B"
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=11-129-152&depa=0
Power Supply: Antec Original 300W ATX12V Power Supply, Model "SL300S"
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-103-917&depa=0
Processor: AMD Sempron 2500+ 1.750GHz, Socket A Processor
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-104-211&depa=0
RAM: Corsair Value Select Dual Kits 184 Pin 512MB(256MBx2) DDR PC-3200
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-477&depa=0
Motherboard: CHAINTECH "7NJL6" nForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-152-045&depa=0
Video Card: CHAINTECH nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-145-095&depa=0
- will also contain the usual assortment of drives(1 hard drive, 1 DVD, 1 floppy)