Mind-Blowing Magic Magnets

My mind is bending all crazy ways thinking up ideas for this now. That was amazing for real.

That's pretty awesome

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Last edited:
mind blown! I see so much potential from magnetic propulsion to changing the way cars, trains and everything else, stop and/or shock absorb. You just watched very future wealthy people. Need to look into stock options on this asap.

Printable magnets.. wha.. err. ahh..

Wow. Just.. wow!

I'm kinda wondering if this is the breakthrough needed to get electric motors to be way more efficient.

Amazing. I hope this isn't some dead-end "it's cool, but nobody wants to commercialize it" technology development, I want those latches everywhere in my house.

That is beyond amazing. The spring magnet... uh... so many uses! The twist lock one... infinite possibilities?

I'm kinda wondering if this is the breakthrough needed to get electric motors to be way more efficient.

Actually electric motors are already super efficient, like in the upper 90% range, it has always been batteries that hold us back, not electric motors.

Fuckin. A. Awesome.

I smell a practical naval MHD on the horizon.

Wait until the over-unity youtube people get ahold of this.

Hehehehe.

Seriously cool though.

How long till we see Chinese knockoff magnet printers?

Very cool. I really believe that the "spring" version should be researched for possible application in spinal disc replacement surgery.

Amazing. I hope this isn't some dead-end "it's cool, but nobody wants to commercialize it" technology development, I want those latches everywhere in my house.

No fucking shit. That actually was mindblowing*

*in an age of hyperbole when everything is said to be mindblowing to be clickbait.

Really cool , although i was under the impression that opposing poles forced together caused the magnets to weaken . would be interesting to see how they deal with that . but none the less this cool .

Damn, beat to the ICP meme...

But seriously, those twist locking mechanisms are awesome.

Oh god, I want ICP to put out some more songs talking about things they know nothing about. That's their best song.

Truly tech newsworthy right there. That stuff will be everywhere soon. Those guys will all be wealthy. They will become standard door latches in homes for the kitchen. Automotive uses, medical uses just so many things!

In the 90s my parents were butthole deep in a MLM/magnetic health scam company called Nikken. Using the same magnetic viewing film some of their products showed some similar surface patterns. I wonder about the similarities.

They were always described as magnetic monopoles with all the requisite anti-science / science conspiracy bs. Pretty amusing looking back on it.

I didn't know this wasn't already a thing. They have keys with different magnet directions and strengths for the sidebar. Edit: they're called Evva MCS locks.

Last edited:
well, it appears these products were news in 2013.
Alabama-Based CMR Demos Programmable Magnets That Changes Polarity And Strength On A Whim

Here's their current webstore:
Polymagnets

Thanks for sharing this link however it truly saddens me. I look through their site and find a bunch of cheap magnets with cheap applications like storm window latches. I had high hopes that they were working on intergalactic magnetic propulsion, bullets that would return to device after being fired. I hope they are using these cheap toys to fund much larger projects because I could find no investing options or promising prospects.

Back