Millennials Spend More Time Playing Video Games Than Gen Z and Teens, New Study Finds

You can be a boomer like me and play old games. I just got a super famicom to play super mario world on my crt tv, with no lag and no crap. It's lovely.

That said, I'd love to play some more Civilization, etc, but that's such a time sink.
I can relate

Attachments

• 20230401_205639.jpg
    20230401_205639.jpg
    724.9 KB · Views: 0
So GEN-X is more likely to play VRchat and watch pokemon on twitch while gen-z is more likely to play modern warfare?
I am a GEN-X'er and I am just amazed by gaming today. You watch some of the OG animes from the 80's of our time and like pokemon (In the 90's) and yugioh (Season 1 best season). This Esport mentality was the stuff of dreams back in "My" day.

I mean we now have a gamer VISA! To get acknowledged to visit other countries to play video games... You can imagine getting a letter of acceptance to play smash in your actual mail box now. Super mario world theme park along with epic universe competing with DISNEY!?? The quality of VR....man this is the stuff of "gamer dreams", and us GENX'ers are watching it in awe and wishing it to succeed. :singing:(y):playful:

When I was a kid, everyone was lining up to play Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Cyberball, Tekken, etc. at the arcades. Basically just a face-to-face version of what's going on now. I have zero issue with this.
Speaking of fighting games this was 100% me lol. You forgot Killer Instinct. I have killer instinct on PC now and it's fantastic. Killer Instinct is still simple. Although as others have mentioned in this thread some games are too complex. That's why I don't play Mortal Kombat anymore. Street Fighter V I haven't had time to get into Marvel vs Capcom Infinite is really cool.

I'm an older millennial getting close to 40 and can confirm. I don't think I'll ever grow out of this hobby. We can appreciate the technological advances in a way that the younger generations can't. From Nintendo to the RTX 4090 and everything in-between... what a ride it's been! I am thankful for all of it. I look forward to getting lost in brave new worlds for the next 40 years, and beyond.

Plus like mentioned it's been wild to see from 8bit Mario to "it's doing photons lol"

We didn't have computers growing up, it was all about BMX and our parents kicked us out of the house at sunrise and we had to be back before the street lights came on. We rode miles and miles a day, we wore parachute pants, checkered Vans and watched the headbangers ball on Mtv. One rotery phone in the kitchen that had a 20ft curly cord and we all screamed I got it last time every time the phone rang. We played Atari on rainy days. If you were lucky you got to kiss a girl before you turned 15.

I had a BMX, a computer, and a girl that I kissed.

But also an Atari and the TV was black and white.

I tried to explain to a kid that you couldn't come home before dark and it was like talking to a sock. A sock made of paper and wasn't a sock, it was just a tube of paper.

Not surprised. US* Gen Z cultural values/initiatives are effectively domestic terrorism from a Constitutional perspective.

Might as well congregate in the online communities were one can pick and choose the outcome/environment.

Not surprised. US* Gen Z cultural values/initiatives are effectively domestic terrorism from a Constitutional perspective.

Might as well congregate in the online communities were one can pick and choose the outcome/environment.
What about the Fed discord leaks from gen z / zoomers

It was a gaming discord

Isn’t gen x the Manson and nine inch nails crew?

You a Mansonite? Or what
I'm a millennial and was big into NIИ and Manson. Reznor started making music in 1987 and released his first studio album in 1989. Manson started making music in 1989 and released their first studio album in 1994. NIИ was the first "band" I liked that wasn't influenced by my parents' tastes in music (Alice in Chains was the second). I was 5-6 years old when Pretty Hate Machine was released. Purchased it a couple years later with allowance money.

Back