Might be a hot deal for folks in Central Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

twyztyr

Gawd
I have no idea if this counts, but for those that don't know, there's a Fry's MegaStore being opened just off 96th street in Fishers, just NW of Indy. I went there yesterday to do the interview/application process, and the store is phenominally huge.

I see a lot of Fry's deals posted here, and now you won't have to pay shipping to get deal stuff from Outpost. w00h00!!!

Frys in Indiana!! Holy crap, next stop, Columbus OHIO!!

(I live in CMH, in case it wasnt obvious)

This is really wonderful news, the lack of a real good computer store in the area was getting on my nerves, and the FedEx stopping by every few days with parts was getting old.

Cool to see a few people hyped about it. I had two different managers offer me jobs in two different departments. Anyone near there looking for work might want to head in any day, between 8am-6pm...they're looking for about 300 people to have in store on opening day It's at 9820 Kinkaid Drive in Fishers, right off 96th street. Really easy to find.

When I say this place is huge, you can't even understand until you see it for yourself. Imagine a building that makes a Super WalMart look like a mall store, and then think a bit bigger. When they say MegaStore, they ain't lying.

Where exactly is it and when do they open? I hear the grand opening deals are insanely hot.

This means...taxes... :(

So much for 10 dolla overnight goodness from outpost...

Raines? Do you frequent midwestern lan party occasionally? Or are you a big tall guy with a clean black lian li case?

Raines8416 said:
Where exactly is it and when do they open? I hear the grand opening deals are insanely hot.

Post right above yours bro. 9820 Kinkaid Drive in Fishers. Basically, take 69 to 96th street, head East on 96th, and take a left maybe two or three lights down, and keep going. It'll be on the right. The back of the building faces the street, it's weird.

They don't know when they're going to open, the managers said that the owner of the stores will come in at random, take a look at the store, the crew, and everything, and either say "Looks good, open" or "I'll be back in a week". Not a real efficient system, but being as Fry's is as large as it is, I guess it works.

Jodiuh said:
This means...taxes... :(

So much for 10 dolla overnight goodness from outpost...

Raines? Do you frequent midwestern lan party occasionally? Or are you a big tall guy with a clean black lian li case?

yea thats me. we met at at the last LOTL. :D

man i cant belive I missed that post about where its at. i feel stupid now. anywho, me being in NW Indiana, if this place is as huge as you guys say it is, it may be worth it to head down there when it opens.

Any chances they'll open one further south? It's sad that I had to go to 6 stores today just for a 120mm fan. CompUSSR in Louisville,KY had 1. We have NO computer parts sources in the southern part of the state.

Kil4Thril said:
Any chances they'll open one further south? It's sad that I had to go to 6 stores today just for a 120mm fan. CompUSSR in Louisville,KY had 1. We have NO computer parts sources in the southern part of the state.

Being that this is the second of two stores in the entire midwest, I really don't know. Previously, the closest one is in Donner's Grove, IL, up somewhere near Chicago.

I've been to the one in Downer's Grove. The amount of stock is just incredible. They have some of the coolest trinkets for those of us that like our toys. I'm always down for a trip up there if anyone wants to car pool.

Jod ;-)

Kil4Thril said:

Where you from? Jeffersonville? New Albany? I would think you have to be south of Scottsburg if your driving to Louisville for computer parts.

Holy crap!

I lived in Southern Indiana (Jeffersonville, Clarksville, New Albany, etc ) for most of my life, before moving out the wasteland known as Central Indiana!

There are several computer stores in the area there, or were, but most are small, overpriced, local shops.

The idea of a Fry's near Louisville makes me REALLY want to move back... God, I miss home.

XeroHouR said:
im in muncie....might be worth a trip. anyone know anything good?
Sweet, another Muncie [H]er. I thought I was the only one. I might have to take a trip down to Indy after paying off my CC with tax money :):eyes 2nd 19" LCD for cheap!::)

Anyone got a date on this?

All fry's electronics stores usually have a bunch of sales when a new location opens up.

--KK

Cool.

Maybe I'll be able to get cheap boxen to fold.

What's up Rage? Tony here.

Brandon Weir said:
Where you from? Jeffersonville? New Albany? I would think you have to be south of Scottsburg if your driving to Louisville for computer parts.

Just moved from New Albany to Charlestown, right outside Sellersburg.

KingKaeru said:
Anyone got a date on this?

All fry's electronics stores usually have a bunch of sales when a new location opens up.

--KK

I asked and the managers in there didn't even know. It could be a few weeks or a few months.

I've never been to a Fry's so please excuse my ignorance, but do they do any PC work like some stores do? Like a repair center or something?

wow......i didn't know there were other people on this forum from Indiana......neato

ON TOPIC: to far of a drive for me and now we get a sales tax :mad:

Edit: Does anyone have ANY clue as to when the store open date, address, time is? It might be worth the 4 hour round trip to get a pair of cheap LCDs

Edit2: I saw a couple posts up that the managers don't even know when the store will open......I'lll keep my eyes on this thread for updates.

Rock on! Another [H]er in Indianapolis, and my brother is at Ball State, so I know a bunch of people in Stu West and Noyer, and I've got another buddy of mine from Fort Wayne. Also, got another friend at Indiana State from Jeffersonville. Rock on Hoosier [H]ers! Anyway, I could make East 96th from Ball State in less than an hour - without using I-69. :D Greenwood on the south side of Indy to the Noyer complex in 90 minutes, once again, without using 69.

My first post on the [H]ardforum, because my spam filter blocked my registration, but I follow the entusiast hardware scene almost religiously, and like all the others on this thread, and glad to see a step up in dealers here in Indianapolis. CompUSA and BestBuy kind of suck.

erehwon6811 said:
I hope they can open one in Fort Wayne soon. I'd love to have one of those nearby.

I'm where you are, sure would be nice. Outside of Stone and A+ there aren't many good spots.

I can't wait until Black Friday! I live in Wabash right now, but by then I'll be in Muncie. (BSU)

Jesus Christ there are a lot of Hoosiers in this place. I've never been on a forum with so many, aside from IndianapolisMusic.Net of course.

Brandon Weir said:
I've never been to a Fry's so please excuse my ignorance, but do they do any PC work like some stores do? Like a repair center or something?

Yeah. I got offered two jobs by two managers of two different departments, and one of them was the service department. The service department is pretty big and they'll do just about anything.

So no one knows the date that the store opens or what?

Another [H]'er here, southside of indy near gwood/southport.

INDEED

IndyGSX said:
So no one knows the date that the store opens or what?

Another [H]'er here, southside of indy near gwood/southport.

INDEED

Who cares...now I have to pay Taxes :).

I used to live in Indianapolis. Northwest side @ 86th and Michigan. Glad to here indy finally got a frys.

awesome! keep us updated on the opening date!! i'll make the trip from Purdue to partake in the grand opening sales :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back