I currently own a Dell Studio XPS 16 laptop with a T9800 @2.93, an ATI Mobility 3670 512mb, and 4 gb of ddr3 RAM. I need more gaming power and a system that won't overheat so quickly so i am building a desktop. This is my third custom build with the other two being a gaming pc i built a few years ago that was sold when i got my laptop and a video editing pc for a friend 4 months ago.
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing?etc
Video Gaming. Valve Games on High, Crisis. Future games for the next year or so with no upgrades.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$800 max i prefer closer to $700. This includes tax and shipping.
3) Where do you live?
Colorado.
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
I want either an i5 750 or 760 it will come down to price, an ATI 5770 (preferably a higher end one) I live near a microcenter so I was planning on getting some parts there to save money. I prefer Newegg to Tiger Direct but if the the price is right i will swap. I was planning on a 1 TB WD Caviar Blue but i will buy a Black/Spinpoint F3 if there is enough performance gain. In 6 months or so i will buy a solid state for windows. I had an Antec 900 case in the past and I loved it so i would like to get another. I hate the sound of little fans spinning at high speeds. As far as PSU goes I need to know which ones are good and i want a modular one to cut down on cables. I need advice on which motherboard to get as well as RAM (4Gb). Do I need an aftermarket CPU cooler? Finally i need a DVD drive.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Only the monitor.
6) Will you be overclocking?
I want to go to 3.6ghz at some point but probably not for 6 months or so. I will buy a water cooler then.
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
I have a 22 inch Acer. 1680x1050.
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
I need all the parts by October 1st. LANFEST 2010 is on the 9th.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
USB 3.0, I only want one video card at a time. I need fiber optic out to go to my receiver. i prefer ATX over micro ATX but price comes first. I have heard good things about Asus, Gigabyte and EVGA and i liked my MSI board as well. One that was better for OCing would be good as well.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Win7 64 bit. already have a legal copy.
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing?etc
Video Gaming. Valve Games on High, Crisis. Future games for the next year or so with no upgrades.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$800 max i prefer closer to $700. This includes tax and shipping.
3) Where do you live?
Colorado.
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
I want either an i5 750 or 760 it will come down to price, an ATI 5770 (preferably a higher end one) I live near a microcenter so I was planning on getting some parts there to save money. I prefer Newegg to Tiger Direct but if the the price is right i will swap. I was planning on a 1 TB WD Caviar Blue but i will buy a Black/Spinpoint F3 if there is enough performance gain. In 6 months or so i will buy a solid state for windows. I had an Antec 900 case in the past and I loved it so i would like to get another. I hate the sound of little fans spinning at high speeds. As far as PSU goes I need to know which ones are good and i want a modular one to cut down on cables. I need advice on which motherboard to get as well as RAM (4Gb). Do I need an aftermarket CPU cooler? Finally i need a DVD drive.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Only the monitor.
6) Will you be overclocking?
I want to go to 3.6ghz at some point but probably not for 6 months or so. I will buy a water cooler then.
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
I have a 22 inch Acer. 1680x1050.
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
I need all the parts by October 1st. LANFEST 2010 is on the 9th.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
USB 3.0, I only want one video card at a time. I need fiber optic out to go to my receiver. i prefer ATX over micro ATX but price comes first. I have heard good things about Asus, Gigabyte and EVGA and i liked my MSI board as well. One that was better for OCing would be good as well.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Win7 64 bit. already have a legal copy.