Microsoft Striping Features From Windows 8

Once again, you are justifying the new design and saying how it's not too bad. And making the same assumption - that this is the ONLY way Win 8 can support touch. This is so wrong I don't even know where to start.

I've never said that the current Windows 8 design was the only approach. I however don't believe that switch between the legacy UI and the Metro UI is the way to go.

You are a power user and it seems you cannot imagine just how frustrating these choices are for normal users. Everything in Win 8 is designed for "touch first" to the detriment of desktop. Keep the new UI for tablets, give desktop users the familiar, efficient UI we have.

Frustrating for some, not for others. This is always the case when something as old as the Windows UI changes.

I want to give this to my friends and family. I want them to enjoy the benefits of a modern faster OS. But I've already tried this with friends, spent hours patiently showing them how it works, and in the end they ask me to put the old windows back since its just too hard to use.

This is a UI designed to look cool and flashy, not to be fast and easy to use.

I've shown people Windows 8, I wouldn't however promote a beta product that's not finished as something a nontechnical should use on a primary system. My wife is pretty nontechnical however and once I showed her the basics she didn't have a problem doing the stuff she normally does.

As for the design not being fast or easy use, sure if one keeps trying to think about totally in terms of prior versions of Windows.

It just seems that Metro detractors have somehow done their thing and determined that Windows 8 is all of these horrible things, that Microsoft hasn't considered any of these issues and that people that are using Windows 8 with no real problems are Microsoft apologists.

Perhaps, but most of the issues I hear center around the invariably come back to Windows 8 isn't a prior version of Windows.

Back